Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 03:06 
Site Admin

FairFuel wrote:
The BBC are launching a new programme in which people can suggest what’s really annoying and upsetting them about Britain. It’s called “THAT’S BRITAIN”. Details can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017sq33.

The show is offering people the opportunity to send in a very short email stating what they find most annoying about Britain.We know from the fantastic support that you and so many others have given us over recent weeks that the price of petrol and diesel is at the top of many people’s ‘ANNOYING LIST’.

Help us let the team at “THAT’S BRITAIN” see just how ‘annoyed’ we are at the scandalous level of petrol and diesel in Britain. Any resultant coverage will be another boost to our campaign

This is how to contact the programme and tell the BBC of your annoyance towards high fuel prices:

Send an email to talktothewall@bbc.co.uk
In the subject line, put ONE of the following phrases ‘PETROL PRICES’ or ‘DIESEL PRICES’ or ‘COST OF FILLING UP’. Add or change the heading to suit your approach but only 2 or 3 words are allowed by the BBC.
In the body of the email just say in your own style and in a very few words how severely the high prices of petrol & diesel are affecting you. Then send the email.
Also if you have a twitter account you can "tweet" the programme with your annoyances on fuel prices at @BBCThatsBritain

Thanks again for all the support you continue to give to FairFuelUK. We are hopeful of some positive news in the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement scheduled for next week - Tuesday 29th November. As ever, the more people that sign up to www.fairfueluk.com, the louder and more effective our voice becomes. So please continue to pass on this message to family, friends and contacts urging them to sign up and to also follow us on Twitter - @FairFuelUK

Thanks again for all your support in the fight for lower petrol and diesel prices

Very kind regards
The FairFuelUK Campaign team
Quentin Willson, Peter Carroll, Lynne Beaumont, Howard Cox
The RAC, FTA and RHA
www.fairfueluk.com
Speed Cameras :lol:

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:09 
User

What annoys me ?
The BBC.
Perhaps in their tax-payer-funded heaven they could not only explain to us why the fuel prices are so high (taxation) but also explain how they replace the revenue lost by lowering taxation.
Perhaps they, in their tax-payer-funded-watermelon-organisation minds, would explain to us how fuel prices are to be lowered when they (greeny-gold-diggers) oppose development of resources available to us (shale-gas-and-petroleum).
BBC = Watermelon organisation (green outside, red inside) (in fact with much of their pension invested in "green" things they can not BE independent)
With an energy minister, with green hands stuck up his backside, being such a thickhead, we are going nowhere as far as affordable energy.

56 years after it was decided it was needed, the Bedford Bypass is nearing completion. The last single carriageway length of it.We have the most photogenic mayor though, always being photographed doing nothing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 18:48 

What annoys me?

Local and County Councils, with their total wastage, self importance and beaurocracy. Their war on the motorist, with the misguided belief, that they have the foggiest clue about anything at al,l do to with road management and safety

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:59 
User

Too much to even begin to go into.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 22:50 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
graball wrote:
What annoys me?

Local and County Councils, with their total wastage, self importance and beaurocracy. Their war on the motorist, with the misguided belief, that they have the foggiest clue about anything at al,l do to with road management and safety

Add to that ,the total lack of accountability to elected representatives .Either we need to wake up the elected folks,or their bosses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:14 
Site Admin

I have now contacted them with data against Speed Cameras. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 17:02 
User

This is the BBC you're talking about/to.
No chance with speed cameras, they're a green thing.
Try gagging them by complaining about something right wing.....the BBC is a long-time watermelon organisation.

56 years after it was decided it was needed, the Bedford Bypass is nearing completion. The last single carriageway length of it.We have the most photogenic mayor though, always being photographed doing nothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 21:07 
User

I disagree.

Speed cameras are not a green thing at all. They and inappropriately low limits force me to drive in a lower gear in order to maintain good control of the car.

To have the benefit of both engine braking and good accelleration, I have to travel in 3rd gear out of 6 in 30mph limits. In a 40 limit I can manage 5th gear if not travelling up too steep a gradient.

Top gear does seem rather high and for speeds in excess of 55mph.

Most economical speed for my 2.2 mondeo deezil seems to be a tad over 80 provided I can maintain it for long enough periods. Proof positive for increasing the motorway limit, as most 2 litre TDI's that I drive seem to perform about the same.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 22:40 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Maaarrghk! wrote:
I disagree.

Speed cameras are not a green thing at all. They and inappropriately low limits force me to drive in a lower gear in order to maintain good control of the car.

AN WHO SETS THE LOCAL LIMITS (an who oversees those setting them ) - County Councillors .
Who votes them in - YEP you do .
Look back at my posts and then THINK - HOW DO WE CHANGE THE SYSTEM .

SIMPLES -Nes't pas .

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:41 
User

Maaarrghk! wrote:
I disagree.

Add to that ... manufacture of cameras/detection systems, transport, installation, maintenance, and eventual disposal .... all very un-green activities. :scratchchin: