PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 08:59 
New User
New User

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=21643&hl=

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 03:12 
User

Interesting thread on pepipoo there.........

I do remember those first MOTORWAY signs which said: nothing less than 50cc and a MINIMUM speed of 30 MPH!

As far as I know, that, hasn't been changed!................so, Go for it........at 30MPH! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 05:35 
Life Member
Life Member

Well its definitely time for some action, however we did a go slow on the M4 and the actions of other motorists were quite dangerous. I doubt very much that safespeed can get involved again.

I am as peed off as you! We have fought thee blessed things through our MP's, the courts and through the stats and they keep putting in more.

Block the roads once or twice and you will feel good and might get a bit of positive press coverages. keep doing it and the first time you mess up a journalist's holiday flight they will turn on you. (and they act like a pack)

Over the last three years I have hoped that we might have wounded them through the legal system but I have learned that they just bend the rules. We hit them with court costs and they are hurting but not lying down dead.

The only way to win this is with the road stats and proving the case to the most ardent camera supporter that cameras have a negative effect on net road deaths. There is no point reducing deaths 1000m either side of a camera if 20% more children are dead nationally + 5% more motorcyclists. We all need to write to our MP's asking why road deaths are down 4% in Europe and 1% in the UK? Are cameras working ? Then copy the letters and responses to the local press. We are according to the long term graph killing 1/3 more people (1000 people per year) than we should be! The key event that changed was the introduction of speed cameras.

There is need for a different style of campaigning to complement what Paul is doing. Paul is excellent at the fast press releases, the stats and the long slog. We desperately need someone more literate than me to strip this mountain of information that Paul has built and create a campaigners pack.

“It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be - that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject of prosecution” He added that there should be a prosecution: “wherever it appears that the offence or the circumstances of its commission is or are of such a character that a prosecution in respect thereof is required in the public interest”
This approach has been endorsed by Attorney General ever since 1951. CPS Code

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 06:07 
Life Member
Life Member

:idea:
Quote:
The only way to win this is with the road stats and proving the case to the most ardent camera supporter that cameras have a negative effect on net road deaths. There is no point reducing deaths 1000m either side of a camera if 20% more children are dead nationally + 5% more motorcyclists. We all need to write to our MP's asking why road deaths are down 4% in Europe and 1% in the UK? Are cameras working ? Then copy the letters and responses to the local press. We are according to the long term graph killing 1/3 more people (1000 people per year) than we should be! The key event that changed was the introduction of speed cameras.

Can we produce a post card with the long term graph one side.
stats the other side, with room for address and a stamp
and sell them on the web site in packs of 100 or £1 to have it dispatched to an address input online and payment by pay-pal. (with a "Sponserd by Mr A.N Other " on the bottom)
It would need design/artwork, and the payment page
I will put up upto £500 float and offer to handle distribution .

“It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be - that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject of prosecution” He added that there should be a prosecution: “wherever it appears that the offence or the circumstances of its commission is or are of such a character that a prosecution in respect thereof is required in the public interest”
This approach has been endorsed by Attorney General ever since 1951. CPS Code