The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WHY?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 21:32 
User

Why is there a members only thread?
Whats to hide on a safe speed site?
Please dont invite me as I have never joined a club that would have me as a member nor do I wish to join one that wouldnt, Im simply asking through curiosity. :D

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: WHY?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 01:13 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

Herbie J wrote:
Please dont invite me as I have never joined a club that would have me as a member nor do I wish to join one that wouldnt, Im simply asking through curiosity. :D

There are several reasons. However, first and foremost, it is to offer those who help with funding a bit extra. I think virtually every forum system which opens its gates to the public that needs funding has a similar arrangement. For example, from memory, Pepipoo has "Bad boys and girlz".

There are other reasons too - some of which are for members only to know :twisted:

It would be great to welcome you as a member. If it helps to overcome the conundrum, we will not have you as a member until you've persuaded us that it's worth our while to do so by accepting your membership fee ;-)

Join up HERE.

Seriously - this campaign and site needs all the support it can get, mate. And you never know, you might like what you discover in Members Only ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 17:48 
User

Roger wrote:
Herbie J wrote:

There are several reasons. However, first and foremost, it is to offer those who help with funding a bit extra. I think virtually every forum system which opens its gates to the public that needs funding has a similar arrangement. For example, from memory, Pepipoo has "Bad boys and girlz".

There are other reasons too - some of which are for members only to know :twisted:

It would be great to welcome you as a member. If it helps to overcome the conundrum, we will not have you as a member until you've persuaded us that it's worth our while to do so by accepting your membership fee ;-)

Join up HERE.

Seriously - this campaign and site needs all the support it can get, mate. And you never know, you might like what you discover in Members Only ;-)

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately Im losing interest so if Im deleted I wont be offended.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 02:09 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

You won't be deleted - unless you want to be.

People come.. people go..

I hope you enjoyed your time here.

If your reason for loss of interest is something we've done.. or not done... I would be most grateful if you would let me know, be it here or by PM.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 18:31 
User

Roger wrote:
You won't be deleted - unless you want to be.

People come.. people go..

I hope you enjoyed your time here.

If your reason for loss of interest is something we've done.. or not done... I would be most grateful if you would let me know, be it here or by PM.

The site and staff I have no complaints, I just get frustrated with people more than anything, I think too many regulars have a different view as to what I personally percieve this site to be about, I refer you to the site name :D I have carefully read through lots of threads in here and frankly there are too many focused on anything but safety issues, there are threads for general and specifics and thats great but all too often there are too many people entering a posted topic and raising their own profile and agenda openly or covertly whenever they can. Im in here to see if I can help anyone or to input on safety topics in the hope that it may help someone as well as seeking positive ways to address and do something about Driving/Drivers , an area I firmly believe is appalling on these Islands in particular.I may stay around but at the moment dont be surprised if I dont but no offence to your site and staff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 18:47 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I hope you do stay. I learn each day from something, somewhere. Often it is from here - and often what I learn is esoteric and only fits into place at some later stage. I hope you take away some good too, irrespective of whether you remain.

Separating the wheat from the chaff is for me all the more pleasurable. I've learned to do so, and enjoy doing so, precisely because if I get riled by it (be it here or anywhere) my life becomes unnecessarily fractious.