Post subject: Killer road cameras
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:15 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Link to article

Killer road cameras
Apr 23 2004
By Andrew Heath

A LETHAL stretch of road in Chelmsley Wood is to see the installation of two state-of-the-art speed cameras.

Over the past three years four people have been killed and another 51 injured in collisions on the A452 Collector Road.

It was decided to install the first TRUVELO cameras in the West Midlands following a three-year analysis of the road by the West Midlands Casualty Reduction Partnership - who found many of the road's 31 accidents were speed related.

The cameras make it easier for the authorities to identify speeding motorists by taking photographs of their vehicles from the front and back and will go live when the correct signage is in place.

They are being introduced by Solihull Council and the casualty reduction partnership after the removal of vegetation, and the introduction of an anti-skid surface and a new central reservation barrier.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:46 
I don't suppose they've thought about seeing if their other measures have cured the problem, before placing additional distractions for the driver. :?

Oh, silly me, I forgot... that new central reservation barrier won't bring in £60 per visiting car! :wink:

Kaz