The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 08:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dancing with Death...
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 02:46 
User

Or strictly Ball Room?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4751303.stm
NorthWest England safety campaign launched by SCP's!
Quote:
Campaign targets speeding drivers
Speeding drivers are being warned about the dangers through adverts featuring a dancing grim reaper.

Has'nt Micheal Jackson done that before? Thriller it's NOT!
Quote:
Cumbria Safety Camera Partnership has started a joint campaign, which is running across the north-west of England for a month.

It is based on the Strictly Come Dancing TV series and bears the message 'Carry on speeding and you're dancing with death'.

The campaign will feature posters and radio advertisements.

So I wonder if it will feature Steve in a ball gown? :wink:
Quote:
Cumbria Safety Cameras communications manager Kevin Tea said: "While the radio advertisement has a humorous tone, the campaign will drive home the serious message that excessive or inappropriately high speed can have fatal consequences.

"Safety camera projects throughout the North West have over the years successfully driven down the number of people killed and seriously injured on the region's roads, but we must continue to hammer the message home."

Surely that should be inappropriate ANY speed, not just high!!

Maybe they should bring back "Wackaday"... to hammer the message - well Michaela Strachan, not Timmy Mallett anyway! Didn't it feature a hidden camera section every week? :oops:

What's the bet the adverts will be placed with the broadcasting company which is owned by the same company as the research company who did the dodgy survey for them? :(

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:35 
User

Ernest Marsh wrote:
Or strictly Ball Room?

"Safety camera projects throughout the North West have over the years successfully driven down the number of people killed and seriously injured on the region's roads, but we must continue to hammer the message home."

Oh, really. Where are the statistics that prove they have achieved this?
Someone might like to ask the local press to look into this.
I think Ernest or JT have figures which prove they are being very economical with the truth once again (nothing new there then!).
You know, I begin to think that even 'Two Shags' Prescott has more integrity in his little finger than all of the CSCP put together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 18:33 
User

More money-burning by the most (ob)noxious camera partnership in the UK. Which of the bunch came up with this pathetic attempt at being 'hip' and 'with-it' I'd love to know?

What's next? An advertising campaign based on the X-Factor, with big red crosses through speedometers and Steve Callaghan behaving like Simon Cowell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 21:29 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
r11co wrote:
More money-burning by the most (ob)noxious camera partnership in the UK. Which of the bunch came up with this pathetic attempt at being 'hip' and 'with-it' I'd love to know?

What's next? An advertising campaign based on the X-Factor, with big red crosses through speedometers and Steve Callaghan behaving like Simon Cowell?

Be more appropriate if it showed the road safety figures as the titanic , with a submarine "hms pratnership"torpeoding them:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:31 
User

Do you think that well-known fool Callaghan still reads this or is he now banned from even doing that.
Clearly he caused his masters a degree of embarrassment over the libel action threats and the subsequent expensive investigation by a very senior police office and expert interior decorator (very good at 'whitewashing').
Still, he continues his disgusting 'non-job' with a nice salary every month, which he does not need, and his lickspittle Tea still 'spins' untruths to the media whilst dreaming up stupid ideas like this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:42 
User

I hope he does still pop his head round the door and have a look once in a while, because I'm sure his paranoid little mind will be boiling over, and he'll be using all his strength and reserve not to fire off some reply.

I am 100% sure part of the resolution of the investigation was an unofficial warning to him not to contribute here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 13:03 
User

I think that came in the reply from Cumbria Plod. It said that he had been instructed that his posting on forums (or should that be fora) was 'inappropriate'. Hence he mustn't do it any more.
I hope our continued postings ABOUT him and his lickspittles is really p*****g him off big time.
The inaccuracies he and Tea continue to post in order to attempt to justify their miserable existence and 'non-jobs' always amazes me When casualties increase they call it a 'blip', but when they fall it's all down to their efforts alone. They must think everyone is completely stupid, not realising that their lies and stupidity is very evident.
WE KNOW IT'S JUST ABOUT THE MONEY, YOU PARASITES!
By the way, Speedfinder-General, I have a good friend who has simply opted out of the camera scams. He has his car registered at a PO Box and simply shreds everything he gets from the various Pratnerships. He has had 3 in the past 2 years and nothing has ever come of them. His attitude is "up yours".