Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cumbria Vs Essex
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 23:24 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
Having now relocated to Essex for the job, boy do I miss CSCP, since July last year I had hardly seen them, Essex on the other hand BLOODY HELL !!!!!! They are everywhere.

Very poorly marked vans, no camera signs or writing on the rear with little yellow tripods placed up against the front bumper that take smashing photos for the plod to view.

Another annoying trick is they place a laser van about 40 yards past a fixed gatso, not sure if they are doing you before or after the camera, or is this a Callahagn double whammy, where you get booked by both if you are speeding.

On a serious point there vans are VERY poorly marked, I have seen them on pavements, bends, between parked cars, slip roads and they even have cameras that face cameras?????? On the A127 heading into Southend they have a traditional Gatso painted yellow then 10 yards in front of that, they have a grey gatso facing towards you, any ideas anyone??? I have now noticed quite a few of these, are these doubling up the fines, or are they for another purpose?

EFC

Essex where they sell sheds on a muddy beach for £20000 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 23:37 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The second camera is for a frontal picture, although of course it is to identify the vehicle only.... yeah right....

G

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:23 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They are to photograph the vandals burning the Gatso. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:30 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

malcolmw wrote:
They are to photograph the vandals burning the Gatso. :)

So now they have to make two fires, burn the camera first (watching the gatso), then the gatso

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 13:12 
User

How things have changed in Southend :o

I moved there for 2 years in the mid 90's for the job - they put the first scams on the seafront just after I moved there :(

Speed traps were all over the place in those days - usual spot was, strangely enough, the A127 just after it dropped from NSL to 40 :o
The plod did an operation there one night and after 15 min gave up stopping anyone under 50 because they couldnt keep up :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 00:11 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
kendalian wrote:
How things have changed in Southend :o

I moved there for 2 years in the mid 90's for the job - they put the first scams on the seafront just after I moved there :(

Speed traps were all over the place in those days - usual spot was, strangely enough, the A127 just after it dropped from NSL to 40 :o
The plod did an operation there one night and after 15 min gave up stopping anyone under 50 because they couldnt keep up :lol:

Still the same !!! The NSL to 40mph zone is now gatso filled, the seafront has the doubled up cameras, and the same arseholes still keep driving up and down the seafront all night.

You are similar to me I moved from Preston to Southend in 1996 then moved to Cumbria in 2000, now back in Southend again in 2006.

EFC

Sarfend-On-Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 00:46 

Have had conversations with ECP regarding the dangerous siting of a camera van and have come away with the impression that Messers Callahagn and Ladd are similar beasties.

As regards the poor visibility, it may seem hard to believe but they have improved, in the early days they were using white transit vans with even less markings on.

Chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is done.

http://www.wildcrafts.co.uk