Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gone a Bit Quiet
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 17:49 
User

It's gone a bit quiet on here for the last couple of weeks.
Are the CSCP still in existence or have the rats deserted the sinking ship (sorry, submarine!).
Is the Captain still in command?
Now, there's a point to ponder.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 19:20 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very quiet - no feedback on the progress of the complaints either! Anyone got a heads up on this?

I've noticed that our local scam has gone quiet too - non of the usual rants in out newpapers or in the annual appeal for funding from the police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 23:25 

Oh I expect everyone's just feeling really ashamed 'cause CSCP have proved us all wrong and have saved more lives this year than any other year in the last 10! :roll:

After all, it's not like there could be any other explanations or factors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 18:54 
User

Strange though wasn't it to see CSCP talking about deaths in isolation in the Gazette last week :o

Last year they were adamant we should not look at deaths specifically, only KSI's.

Obviously everyone on here is pleased to see deaths down last year, but 2005's total was only 1 less than 1998 and only 4 less than 2001 & 2002 - so hardly a breakthrough is it :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:17 
User

Can anyone post the K and S.I. statistics for Cumbria.
You are right, last year they told us it's the overall figures that matter and that deaths, considered on a stand-alone basis weren't so important.
Are they now saying the opposite. One wouldn't be surprised if they were -anything to justify their non-jobs.
If the cash-cameras were really working it might have been expected that KSI's would have dropped by, say, 20% in Y1 and a further 10% per annum as deployment increased. That certainly hasn't happened.
From CSCP - "Prepare for silent running No.1". "Aye aye Skipper"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 14:45 
User

Here we go, KSI's from 2000, courtesy of CSCP's own site:-

2000 - K - 56 SI - 437 total 493
2001 - K - 49 SI - 432 total 481
2002 - K - 49 SI - 410 total 459
2003 - K - 53 SI - 393 total 446
2004 - K - 57 SI - 377 total 434
2005 - K - 45 SI - 369 total 414

As we can see, KSI's falling steadily, as we would expect with better vehicle crash protection, safety features etc, engineering changes....
The scams started 1/4/03 - have they made a difference to the figures (apart from K's going up 2 years running??)

BTW in 2002 there was a bad coach crash near Ambleside with about 40 SI's (as posted previously by E Marsh esq.) - without that 2003 would have seen a massive increase in KSI's on the previous year. How would CSCP have explained that? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 23:00 

Interestingly, they seem to have CUT BACK on the deployment of their vans in the second half of 2005 (hence the "Where are CSCP" thead!) Obviously, reducing the numer of vans has improved the KSIs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 23:48 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's the rest to fill it in:

year - fatal - serious - fatal+serious

1991 75 533 608
1992 64 501 565
1993 61 427 488
1994 46 493 539
1995 54 534 588
1996 48 470 518
1997 52 543 595
1998 48 488 536
1999 62 495 557

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 01:56 
User

Quote:
BTW in 2002 there was a bad coach crash near Ambleside with about 40 SI's (as posted previously by E Marsh esq.) - without that 2003 would have seen a massive increase in KSI's on the previous year. How would CSCP have explained that?

That's easy - you resort to reporting KSI "COLLISIONS" by which means 42 = 1.
Any SCP operative worth his coin knows that Kendalian, I am surprised you did not remember! :lol:

There was also a young woman who simply stepped off a coach on the M6 as it travelled at 60 mph. Luckily these events are rare, but a godsend to Safety Camera Partnerships, since they can be included as part of the "REDUCTION" in casualties resulting from their operations.

It's easy to fool the public when you dont have to explain away the causes of accidents you claim to be reducing - hence the employment of a term which causes so much concern in some quarters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 15:31 
User

That's easy - you resort to reporting KSI "COLLISIONS" by which means 42 = 1.
Any SCP operative worth his coin knows that Kendalian, I am surprised you did not remember! :lol:

Silly me :( I forgot there are lies, damned lies and Scamera partnership statistics :lol:

Then again, I am not, never having been, and certainly never will be a SCP operative! :D

[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 15:59 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
kendalian wrote:

Silly me :( I forgot there are lies, damned lies and Scamera partnership statistics :lol:

[/quote]

It's more politically correct to refer to this practice as "culinary accountancy" :lol:

And our lot (Warks) has gone equally quiet -must look to see if there's any smoke from the statistics stove on the horizon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 18:54 
User

This from the CSCP website....

Now forgive me but I dont recall them having "Unexplained circumstance" cameras, just SPEED cameras, so this is a clear example of a statistic which they are NEVER going to address. :(
However, unless vehicles leave the B5302 every year, and somebody dies as a result, it will be yet another KSI or KILLED statistic to be included in the gradual reduction, which they will claim credit for!

The answer is simple really - How many accidents CAUSED by speeding in excess of the limit, occur each year, in which somebody is killed?
And how many of THESE accidents have the CSCP prevented?
AND WHY do they wish to keep it such a secret? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:13 
User

Answer to the last question:
To preserve their jobs. Yhey'll do and say anything to preserve their jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 13:00 
User

Reducing average speeds reduces the severity of the outcomes of accidents, prats and government mouthpieces like Steve Callaghan will argue.

If they can move to lower all limits and rigidly enforce them then accidents will fall. This is their belief, their creed in fact.

All nonsense of course as inattentive driving at 5mph can and does kill people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 20:00 
Gold Member
Gold Member

antiscam wrote:
I've noticed that our local scam has gone quiet too - non of the usual rants in out newpapers or in the annual appeal for funding from the police.

Boldly making quotes in MCN -
Cant get a copy of the p4 article in MCN --1/march issue , not on line yet, where a top soliciter is interviewed about photo evidence. Up pops a Steve Calaghan --with a quote - as i can't paste it , i'd only be relying on memory if i did, i won't.Was about cumbria provision of photos ---didn't seem to make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 21:38 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thought i'd got things wrong - went into supermart and boldly read MCN - SURE ENOUGH - "Steve Calaghan from the Cumbria partnership" said ....................( will wait till someone CAN QUOTE his exact words) --he likes his notepaper tooo much, but thought that even in todays mad legal world, he'd gone too far.I'd think the legal eagle would have "fried Steve's bits on toast" if he tried that one on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 00:54 
User

Was it to do with this?

If you received a NIP, you use the info. which comes with it to log on and view the picture(s).

I have not seen one yet, so I dont know how helpful it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 20:12 
Gold Member
Gold Member

nO -Ernest - more bluff and bluster from our submariner in chief

Post subject: Jan & Feb stats
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 22:16 

I know it is only 2 months of data, but now they have posted the Feb stats we see that deaths are climbing again. Equal to 2003 (pre scam operations) and more than jan+feb for 2004 and 2005. Hardly convincing results to show the effectiveness of scameras....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 13:15 
User

They really are just a shabby waste of space.
They lie, obfuscate, bend the figures and generally behave in a disgraceful manner with the Cumbria Constabulary there to 'whitewash' their behaviour when normal people would consider that behaviour unacceptable.
Casualties increasing since cameras were introduced. Why is no-one surprised. However, they will now try to 'spin' their way out of the increasingly deep hole they are digging for themselves.
Thoroughly discredited and useless, and that's being kind to them.