Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: More Dummys from CSCP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 19:04 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
Hi drove up the M6 today, and whilst strictly observing the speed limit :D :D , I studied the digital cameras on the M6 between jnt 36 and jnt 37.

From what I could see 1 camera was horizontal to the lanes, so clearly it was checking to see if the sheep where speeding in the fields, and the other two cameras I could see clearly into where HOLLOW boxes with nothing inside them. The other two might be dummys, but could not get a good look inside.

They will clearly be very productive, unless somebody calls in and adds something into the boxes. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

EFC

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 19:43 
User

EFC wrote:
They will clearly be very productive, unless somebody calls in and adds something into the boxes. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

They are just as productive safety-wise regardless! The only difference the internals make are to their revenue raising capabilities.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 23:36 
User

Today, Kevin was on Radio Cumbria, admitting that they have only just switched on the fixed cameras on Salthouse Road, Barrow "The first fixed cameras to become operational in Cumbria".
So when they said Ings would be switched on in September, it wasn't quite the truth!!! so they had to have the mobile talivan at Ings today!! Am I allowed to say that?

By the mid afternoon news, it was being reported that already 150 drivers had been caught speeding on Salthouse Road - another £9000 in the coffers!! Presumably they were still speeding when they passed onto Hindpool Road, and the CSCP had failed to stop them.
Now if a motorist they have photographed committing an offence, goes on to kill somebody, then the case of the Barrow Council Architect who failed to take precautions against Legionaires Disease at Forum 28, which led to the deaths of several pensioners becomes relevant. She is about to be re-trialed for Corporate Manslaughter, because of her failure to act.

Same MO, same town, same course of action I would say, or do the CSCP have some sort of immunity?? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 00:13 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
They have been doing all the preparatory work for the new cameras on the A590 at Millside for months, they have put in crash barriers and all the wiring, but someone has forgotten to install the cameras.

They have even recently put up new camera signs, but still no cash machines as of yet, I wonder if the camera at the Barrow side of Millside was justified by the accident that my other half was seconds from being involved in where two cars hit head on in thick fog? Clearly a speed camera will have an effect on that type of accident :D :D :D :D

Why can they put up empty boxes on the M6 so quickly but take months to install them onto the A590???

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 14:24 

Still waiting for the ones on the A595 at Howgate too. We've got posts, wires, stripes on the road, just no "warheads" yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 22:25 
User

One thing at a time folks!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/4392306.stm

Quote:
They are also are fitted with special anti-tamper devices that are linked to a police control system to prevent vandalism.

The cameras had due to be in service earlier this year, but technical problems held up their introduction.

Cumbria Safety Camera spokesman Kevin Tea said: "During tests we noted that there were multiple offences being committed by a handful of drivers who knew the cameras were not fully functional.

"Those individuals had better be warned that they now face losing their driving licences within a week if they continue with this behaviour."

Mobile camera vans will still be used throughout the county.

In July a survey of attitudes to speed cameras in Cumbria suggested most people support their use.

Researchers who interviewed 400 people in the county found seven out of 10 thought the cameras were meant to encourage drivers to keep to limits, were not there to punish them and disagreed there were too many cameras in Cumbria.

I thought they had a resident electrical expert who could solve everything :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 01:16 

Blimey they must have struggled to find 280 people in Cumbria who loved cameras that much! Still, I suppose there must be at least 300 people in the county who don't drive!

I liked the bit about multiple offences. I see they saw it was happening, identified that it was only a "handfull" of drivers, let them get away with it and carried on with their plans to clobber the majority of the rest of the drivers too!

Nice work CSCP, nice work!

Why stop a dangerous crime being committed when you can make good money out of it?! - that's what I say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 01:18 

...in fact I'm so annoyed about this I'm even going to answer my own post!!!!!

Someone PLEASE tell me that they weren't so evil and callous as to actually witness this happen and with all the resources and contacts they had available to them, they stood back and didn't do anything about it?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 01:34 
User

How come they stop and detain DRINK DRIVERS, yet SPEEDING drivers get a NIP in the post a few days later?

I thought they said speeding was dangerous?

Ah! I get it. It's POLICE who detain DUI's, and the CSCP doesn't get to net off DUI's, and if they detained speeders, it might be a while before they sped past another camera, so might impact on revenue!! :x

After all, the 150 drivers who were caught on Salthouse Road have to go home the same way, so could end up paying twice in one day!!
£9000 - that'll come in handy if CSCP has to order in some headed paper of it's own!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 23:10 
User

On Bay radio tonight they said CSCP made £10,200 (if everyone pays their fines) in the first 4 days of the Barrow digital camera being turned on.

If that was to carry on they would make £928,200 a year from one location

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 18:25 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
EFC wrote:
Hi drove up the M6 today, and whilst strictly observing the speed limit :D :D , I studied the digital cameras on the M6 between jnt 36 and jnt 37.

From what I could see 1 camera was horizontal to the lanes, so clearly it was checking to see if the sheep where speeding in the fields, and the other two cameras I could see clearly into where HOLLOW boxes with nothing inside them. The other two might be dummys, but could not get a good look inside.

EFC

Now , i may have missed somat , but we keep hearing that the cameras at so & so were put up in response to so many KSI and that mobile cameras can be used if the KSI rate is lower - so where's the justification for the cameras on the M6 works , or have they got a crystal ball to say that we will get so many "speed crazed drivers" who must contribute to the roadworks??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 17:33 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Ernest Marsh wrote:
Same MO, same town, same course of action I would say, or do the CSCP have some sort of immunity?? :oops:

something like diminished responsibility?( i hope i can still say that)