It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 21:16 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Long time passing. Where ?
And WHY.
Have we meekly succumbed to the idea of a network where safety is down to a lot of speed cameras?

WHY????????

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 22:03 
User

:gatso2: I'd say it was all down to the social media and the advent of dashcams as the reasons why posters have gone elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 15:42 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Meanwhile I've seen recently that the new idea ( certainly in the Midlands, Coventry especially ) is average speed cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 13:32 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Latest idea by West mids police is that we( motorist) should install dash cams ( front & rear) and send in photos of offenders to police. I've actually had an on line e-mail from a Sgt in Warks Police to suggest that.
This was in responce to an article on speed traps in certain areas, where I asked if Tailgaiting in 20 zones would be enforced.
Problem the Police do not see as a problem is that if an owner of an older vehicle gets shunted, then repair is above repair value of vehicle.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 16:43 
Site Admin

I think posters have gone elsewhere as I've not made enough of a voice about the issues we are all facing the fact that I've waited a long time to have the forums updated and didn't want to post and have it go wrong.
I've missed updating the media pages and I'm sure people have thought that I haven't been 'doing anything', which is not the case at all. But this is my fault.
My new post just went into the wrong forum (a new problem to solve).
So with the new hosting now too whilst I hope to sort things out a great deal of my time will now be spent in sorting out the website and now the forums (still and too).

I do hope as I do more here and as the pages get updated (& add more) so Google will then reactivate links then people will slowly return. I hope so anyway.

Today is 15years since Paul's tragic demise. Sadly I've not done very well in my books, in spite of life issues and many problems and hassles. But I hope things will improve, I can but try.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 16:17 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sadly, Paul, gone, but never will be forgotten. And from what I'm seeing in the Midlands, round two is starting. This time it's Average speed cameras, with no real deterrant ( i.e. real police prescence). The only other option is us road aware using dashcams to pass back videos. Meanwhile the bully boys take over.