Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 16:38 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Possibly road "safety ?" news would be a better place ,for this as per Nuneaton News http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Illegal- ... story.html

A spokesperson for Warwickshire Police said: "Operation Tramline took place over five days and saw officers patrol the M6, M40 and M42 in a HGV.

The Police used a HGV -SO WHAT, apart from the cost of Hire, as I doubt if our "always complaining about being cash strapped force!" would be in a position to own one .It's a regular feature on some of the TV programs .
But then ,again ,a few years ago I worked with a bloke who was ex some County council communications department He swore blind that if a county wants money spent, (not well, but just spent) , give the cash to the Police. If you are planning a party - possibly the best department to put in charge is Social services .
Locally ( possibly like most other towns ), (the TOWN CENTRE in NBBC stands for Nail Bar, Beauty (shops) & Charity (shops area ,IMHO), we have a ring of ANPR cameras on all roads into the two town centres, and cars fitted with ANPR sensors around the town.
Great idea - I'm all in favour of it. But the ANPR cameras never seem to pick up vehicles out of this area.I'd suggest it's down to lack of cash for PRO ACTIVE Policing, (AKA that DODO of the police world= Bobby on the beat), due to the cash hungry ideas dreamt up by Senior officers looking to impress those higher up . I mentioned this theory before, and it's possibly not unknown to the few ( if any ) serving Police posters on here .Years ago( before the nice neat idea of Safer Neighbourhood teams) ,we had a Sergeant in charge of several beats who had a theory, that every month, the Supt would open up the ideas cupboard ( wearing his riot gear /safety footwear and regulation Hi Vis) and out would pop an idea for the month. That idea would be the thing enforced most vigorously for the next month.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 00:18 
Site Admin

Illegal motorists caught out by covert cop sting
By Nuneaton News | Posted: November 02, 2015
By Lisa Buckley

MAKING THE ROADS SAFER... Warwickshire Police has staged Operation Tramline on motorways throughout the region.

MOTORISTS flouting the law on the region's roads have been caught out in a covert sting.

More than 50 drivers were stopped by Warwickshire Police as part of an initiative designed to target those committing a range of offences while behind the wheel.

The operation, codenamed 'Operation Tramline' took place along sections of the M6, M40 and M42 with officers making use of a heavy goods vehicle (HGV) to be able to look easily into vehicles to record offences.

Among the charges given to unsuspecting driver were fines, points and court appearances with offences varying from using a mobile phone illegally and speeding to an arrest for breaching a non molestation order.

A spokesperson for Warwickshire Police said: "Operation Tramline took place over five days and saw officers patrol the M6, M40 and M42 in a HGV.

"The vehicle gave the team an elevated position to look into other HGVs and smaller vehicles to record any offences which were committed by drivers.

"Texting at the wheel, travelling at excess speed and failing to have an MOT were some of the reasons drivers were stopped."

In total there were 56 mobile offences and 32 reports for the traffic commissioner. They consisted of three arrests for theft of a motor vehicle, one arrest for breaching a non molestation order, one MOT offence, two speeding incidents, two uninsured vehicles, one careless driving offence, one driver caught not wearing a seatbelt.

"Some of the drivers could have to pay fines and could receive points, while other offenders could face prosecution," added the spokesperson.

Explaining how the operation had been a great success, Inspector Lucy Sewell of the force said: "I hope those caught committing offences reflect on the severity of their actions, while I also hope our presence acted as a visible deterrent to other motorists.

"I have no doubt the operation made our county's roads safer."

Profile Send private message