The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 09:07

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 13:04 
Life Member
Life Member

Folks

Quote:
I need your help here (on behalf of Claire actually!).

Money that goes in to Paul's account will be frozen.

Claire needs money.

email me on tony.seaton@btinternet.com for new details
She has asked that this (along with the transcript below from PH) be
spread
around the usual places, inviting people who have standing orders
presently
going to Paul to swap them to this account.

Thanks

Roger

Contact with Claire

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 3918&i=260
Quote:
I am Claire Armstrong, Paul's partner of 23 years and I am most
touched and grateful to all the lovely comments.

Paul's funeral is Wednesday 19th Dec at 12:30 at Inverness
Crematorium, should you wish to attend. I know that he has many supporters here.

( location IV3 8JN map here

Having spoken to the Doctors further, our conclusion is
that he had another heart attack. He died almost instantly and was unlikely to
have known anything about it. He was due to have a triple by-pass in Jan. He
had weakened in the last week, but claimed he was fine.

It will take me forever to come to terms with his loss. I intend to try to get the website published, and try to
keep brilliant work going. It may take a while, for me to get to grips with everything, so please try to be patient with me. I cannot give you
Paul's intelligence or his word ability, but I will try my very best. Thank you all for the wonderful times that you have given
him, in debates and the many discussions. I have every bit of passion about driving as Paul had, and we had thousands of driving discussions.

“It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be - that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject of prosecution” He added that there should be a prosecution: “wherever it appears that the offence or the circumstances of its commission is or are of such a character that a prosecution in respect thereof is required in the public interest”
This approach has been endorsed by Attorney General ever since 1951. CPS Code

Last edited by anton on Wed Dec 19, 2007 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 22:34 
User

anton wrote:
Folks

Quote:
I need your help here (on behalf of Claire actually!).

Money that goes in to Paul's account will be frozen.

Claire needs money.

email me on tony.seaton@btinternet.com for new details
She has asked that this (along with the transcript below from PH) be
spread
around the usual places, inviting people who have standing orders
presently
going to Paul to swap them to this account.

Thanks

Roger

Contact with Claire

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... 3918&i=260
Quote:
I am Claire Armstrong, Paul's partner of 23 years and I am most
touched and grateful to all the lovely comments.

Paul's funeral is Wednesday 19th Dec at 12:30 at Inverness
Crematorium, should you wish to attend. I know that he has many supporters here.

Having spoken to the Doctors further, our conclusion is
that he had another heart attack. He died almost instantly and was unlikely to
have known anything about it. He was due to have a triple by-pass in Jan. He
had weakened in the last week, but claimed he was fine.

It will take me forever to come to terms with his loss. I intend to try to get the website published, and try to
keep brilliant work going. It may take a while, for me to get to grips with everything, so please try to be patient with me. I cannot give you
Paul's intelligence or his word ability, but I will try my very best. Thank you all for the wonderful times that you have given
him, in debates and the many discussions. I have every bit of passion about driving as Paul had, and we had thousands of driving discussions.

Claire .. you have our support. I make presumptive blunder on PH. We make collective family donation of decent amount to the campaign. We intend to match fully to British Hear Foundation - MARKING in memory of Paul Smith of Safespeed.. but only with your blessing. If there a different cause held dear to you und Paul (man whom we speak on phone to.. read all posts.. like instinctively as "salt of earth" then let us know.

I know Mad Doc mail you last night, I cannot now access his computer as he know I am most evil messer upper. :twisted: SO cannot read any reply anyone may have made to him. He not home yet. He has hardest day today. .

I would suggest to anyone who want to help Claire in very urgent hour of need that they donate the price of average bouquet. Affordable to all und given how well respected Paul was .. it mount up here. It show love. respect to a man of personality und calibre to fight for what he believed to be right minded und just for all .. including those who die .. get injured on UK's roads.

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

I'm sorry but with the trouble we've had with the site I have missed the funeral, also I’m working away from home. I would like to have sent some flowers but it seems pointless now. I've sent a donation to Claire and I will also send a card when I get home. I will continue to support the SafeSpeed Campaign. Lets keep it going chaps. Hope the funeral goes well.

Dixie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 23:07 
User

Dixie wrote:
I'm sorry but with the trouble we've had with the site I have missed the funeral, also I’m working away from home. I would like to have sent some flowers but it seems pointless now. I've sent a donation to Claire and I will also send a card when I get home. I will continue to support the SafeSpeed Campaign. Lets keep it going chaps. Hope the funeral goes well.

Dixie

I hope so too. I did manage to observe a two second pause at 12.30 pm. I went to the hospital chapel and lit a candle for him and said a quick prayer

and my wife says she did likewise. We may not have been able to attend in person.. but we thought of Paul as his funeral and tributes commenced in Inverness.

Dixie .. have mailed Roger off line as we have a few ideas we;re considering to cheer Claire.

We have sent a card and we have donated as posted by my wife on the PH site. Large family and the donation is made by one family member in lump sum - which looks " a lot" - but really reflects the cost of a bouquet by each of us.

It mounts up considerably in a collective body of goodwill - when you consider paying upwards of a fiver in Tesco etc these days. :popcorn: If all who liked Paul (regardless of whether or disagree :wink (I am sure Steve did respect Paul really - eh Steve? eh? Be honest my foe and sometimes pal here on dafter politically incorrect issues :wink: You have been helpful to me over some Cumbrian issues - despite your anger with me and my wife for "savaging your cams" Be honest Steve. I know you to be fair and decent enough on all other issues bar scam cams :wink: ) for what he stood up and fought for.. and just provided Claire with this small amount.. it mounts up to some considerable support to her to ensure livelihood and maintenance of Paul's legacy whilst his assets are frozen due to sudden death .. perhaps intestate and pending probate releases.

We are matching this with a donation to the British Heart Foundations in full recognition of Paul Smith's far too short - but still achieving life from the very irritating smilie fines. (we get fined by the family for silly smiley abuse .. My wife gets fined for every "ist/und" as well... :boxedin: family kind and fine nominally .. but it still adds up :lol: :boxedin: We donated percentage to Paul's campaign and the rest amongst various including CTC and victim of crime fund. :wink:

Method to the illusion of being "barking" or "colourful" as Paul once opined as a true gent :wink:

We each chatted to Paul on the phone on many an occasion and he really laughed in sheer enjoyment when chatting to Wildy - especially when she told off our sons with Paul listening in. :lol: I seem to recall his belly laugh when Lukas interrupted one conversation by telling Paul that his Scalextric crash rate "regressed to the mean" and asked him if this meant he was getting better at spotting "hazards of potential crash with his "opponent driver" or if this stretch of a straight Scalextric stretch through the "Playmobil" town meant that the danger had regressed to the mean. I recall that Paul could not speak for laughing at the time .. and asked me if I had a minitiare Brunstrom or one devil. :lol: I replied that we had one villainous rogue on our hands and that he knew darned well that his road had regressed to the mean of his fingers on the remote controls :lol: Sure enough .. Lukas could explain that his eye/finger co-ordination became more practised as he learned from his mistakes and could Paul look at this observation of his?

:rotfl: Paul was .. as I understand .. looking into this very observation and I recall him gently telling Lukas on our "intercom" that he would look into this.

Lukas (then aged about 7 years) concluded that Paul was "one cool dude as he listened to him properly!" :lol:

I guess some folk never got to know the real Paul though. I did and my wife did.

Smilies are contagious
They are just like the flu
We use our smilies on YOU today
Now Good Causes are smiling too!

KEEP SMILING
It makes folk wonder just what you REALLY got up to last night!

Smily to penny.. penny to pound
safespeed prospers-smiles all round! !

But the real message? SMILE.. GO ON ! DO IT! and the world will smile with you!
Enjoy life! You only have the one bite at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 20:27 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
One site I visit ,being a site dedicated to my car maker (with lots of techie info ) had a mention of Paul - very complimentary etc --the subject of this was mentioned with Claire's intentions - I posted to the effect that Paul's work now needed the backing of every British motorist ( indeed the overturning of the present unsafe road safety system would be a lasting tribute to him )and that financial donations would not go amiss - I hope that members agree with my actions -again the site was not available .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:58 
Site Admin

All of your comments are just lovely. I really appreciate them.

At the moment I am staying with friends.

I cannot possibly describe how utterly devastated I feel. I just cannot believe that he is not around.

Looking a little to the future - is anyone going to be interested in holding a SafeSpeed Tribute Gathering if we can arrange a place.

For what it is worth I have a digital (not good quality) copy of the little service that we held. Just a few people attended, but I know that there were hundred's there in spirit.
Funerals in Scotland are arranged far quicker it seems than down south. The hardest decision of my life was to bury or cremate. Paul always told me to do whatever I felt. He wanted to go for medical research, but as he hadn't arranged it there was NO WAY that I could have this happen, except for one part which I agreed to. I have never had another boyfriend even, Paul has been the love of my life and my soul mate.

I would love to meet with many of you. At this meeting or ? the future of SS can be discussed. I am just beginning to think of plans. I expect to update the website very soon, now that it is back up.

I will welcome calls on ideas, etc etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 19:11 
Life Member
Life Member

I really would have liked to have been at the funeral but the logistics were against me. I would very much like to meet up some how. I have been looking at your post this afternoon not knowing exactly how much or what to reply.

I think everyone has a lot of ideas on how to progress SafeSpeed but I think they need your invite to put their ideas and thoughts forward. I am a little concerned that you might try to take on everything Paul did and continue your job too. Paul has left a huge void.

As far as meeting up we could choose a central location, or arrange a mini tour or there are some nice cottages at Tomich we could use near you for a mini conference.

“It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be - that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject of prosecution” He added that there should be a prosecution: “wherever it appears that the offence or the circumstances of its commission is or are of such a character that a prosecution in respect thereof is required in the public interest”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 21:47 
User

100+ wrote:
All of your comments are just lovely. I really appreciate them.

At the moment I am staying with friends.

I cannot possibly describe how utterly devastated I feel. I just cannot believe that he is not around.

Looking a little to the future - is anyone going to be interested in holding a SafeSpeed Tribute Gathering if we can arrange a place.

For what it is worth I have a digital (not good quality) copy of the little service that we held. Just a few people attended, but I know that there were hundred's there in spirit.
Funerals in Scotland are arranged far quicker it seems than down south. The hardest decision of my life was to bury or cremate. Paul always told me to do whatever I felt. He wanted to go for medical research, but as he hadn't arranged it there was NO WAY that I could have this happen, except for one part which I agreed to. I have never had another boyfriend even, Paul has been the love of my life and my soul mate.

I would love to meet with many of you. At this meeting or ? the future of SS can be discussed. I am just beginning to think of plans. I expect to update the website very soon, now that it is back up.

I will welcome calls on ideas, etc etc.

Claire, if it is just a little crumb of comfort, you will be firmly in most of our thoughts this Christmas.

Please allow me to say please accept a little "love" from me. I'm sure others will echo this comment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 13:42 
User

Very definitely in our thoughts for a full 40 minutes on Wednesday. We were there in spirit.

Claire will be in our thoughts at Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve und we will also drink a toast to his memory over this season.

It was just the logistics of getting up to Inverness .. but I am sure everyone who chatted to Paulie on these internet fora.. und on the telephone or in person .. were all remembering him und thinking of you at the time.

Ja.. we like to have gathering to pay tribute to Paulie's work. Und I agree with that davelucas's idea down in Campaign too.

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 15:27 
Life Member
Life Member

I had a long conversation with Claire, The result is that Claire wants to visit as many people as possible on her way back home from the south coast mid January. It was good to finaly speak to Claire.

Whilst flowers are nice, I must remind people there are pressing utillitiy bills need paying first. If you can help please do.

I will type more later... but this was the priority
Anton.