Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 01:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:43 
User

I think that honking at the sites of these cameras is excellent - perhaps we should all do this for the safety angle.

M'lud, I merely honked and made a noise because the safety cameras were there. If there wasn't a threat to my saftey, they wouldn't be there? Would they?

Point 2: Ever taken a picture of a horn sounding?????

Power pissed wankers. Sounds like they don't think anyone should be able to voice their displeasure at getting fleeced and thieved off of. "Just come quietly and bring your wallet with you"...

Although I used to consider myself to be a "reasonable man", the law just sees me as a criminal... My uncontrolled anti-social activities solely include the undeniable fact I usually drive my car at or just below the 85th percentile.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 13:24 

If sounding the horn - whilst presumably looking out of your windscreen - could be considered to be evidence of driving without due care and attention.

When are we going to see the first prosecution of a motorist for obsessively looking at the speedometer - surely an even more distracting activity.

Now that would be interesting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 15:36 
User

Thje more I think about doing this, the more I think this could be bloody annoying for the F'leece-men (pronounced like po-lice = f - leece).

Divide and rule

I want to "pervert the course of justice" so I'm going to sound my horn. (Such anti-social behaviour means I am cruising to be locked up, here).

Well here's another suggestion for these power pissed wankers.... When they are behind you - but a bit too close - STAND on the brake and have the shits rear-end your car. Tell them you saw a mouse or rat run acroiss the road and had to stop. Tell them they are guilty of not paying attention for running into you.

Camera Schemes are nothing mre than scams run by thieving bastards who are doing nothing more than abusing and corrupting the offices they serve.

I think the horn idea is *excellent*. Perhaps others up and down the country will all end up doing it and the scum who operate these theft schemes will be bullied off their own patches.

So they can nick me for what I do - they can't nick me for what I think and it is their lack of equity and fairness which poisons my heart against them.

I hope they rot in hell for the damage they are doing the police in the eyes of a great deal of people.

Scum of the earth

Although I used to consider myself to be a "reasonable man", the law just sees me as a criminal... My uncontrolled anti-social activities solely include the undeniable fact I usually drive my car at or just below the 85th percentile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:22 
User

never mind honking the horn, try going onto full beam as you go past the mobile van. the operator is squinting to focus through his scamera lense so give him a set of xenon bulbs on full whack to scorch his retina's - if a lot of people started doing that there would be a few less willing nob's to carry out this mobile scamera policing duty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 00:41 
User

Full beams is good, but they must be used to it from monitoring unlit quiet A roads at 3 in the morning.

We should all fit HID driving lamps like you find on WRXs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 19:50 
User

Although I know it's just an annoyance as such, I still think honking at them as you drive past can get others involved in protest too.

Although there will be a few motorists who agree with this over zealous misguided form of sledge-hammer to crack-a-nut speed policing; I would say the vast majority of us don't like it and don't approve of it.

Honking your horn as you pass these arseholes in the talivans might not get things changed overnight - but if there is an effective wall of sound each time they set up shop, the 'brains' behind their actions might start to realise that we (the 90%+) are pissed off with being milked like cash-cows and re-think their policies.

Honk your horn. It costs nothing, you can do it as you drive past, they can't prove that it was you honking (as in they can't put sound to a film and say for definate that the sound came from YOUR vehicle)... and even if they could, you could always say that there was a dog in the road / on the pavement, etc...

And if eventually 9 out of 10 cars hoot as they pass these arseholes, then they can't nick us all.

We get the sort of laws and enforcement we're collectively going to put up with. If enough of us make enough noise then these arseholes might think about the passive cash victim they want to exploit.

Think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 19:57 

A was on the A11 this morning. Camera van was out on the north bound section. It p*sses me off that is is in the same colours as an ambulance. But is has amber lights on the rood not blue so could also be a breakdown wagon.

Cruised by at 65 in a 70 limit. My thumb slipped on the horn button....oops :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:07 
User

Yesterday afternoon , the A96 entering Aberdeen at the transition from a 30 limit to a 40 , 2 operators with a mobile unit , safe straight bit of road , I honked to show my disapproval . I'm not proud of it , but boy did they shit themselves. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 15:00 
User

Well done Green Goblin (and others).

Remember, these are SAFETY CAMERAS only there to make sure those unseen, unknown 'dangers' are combatted.

:twisted: I think we have to help these 'wonderful', thoughtful people to avert these dangers for the protection of all of us.

Honking your horn will help ward off these 'evil spirits' the safety people are there to film - because we all know they're not there to filch money off of us, don't we boys and girls!?!?!?!

For EXTRA SAFETY, Toot your horn!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 15:50 
User

I'm a bit late jumping in here but, FWIW, I always honk at talivans that are parked close to the carriageway. Here is another post of mine that may give a clue as to why. Having nearly been wiped out by a scamera operator exiting his vehicle, I make sure that the operator knows a vehicle is approaching. After all, the operator can't see through the metal side of his van just as he's about to open the door - and you can't see inside to know exactly when he's about to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 16:59 
User

Yes, yes, yes.

Safety surely must be the name of the game.... I for one want to make sure that a party of schoolchildren don't run out from the other side of a Talivan on a road that's out in the middle of nowhere!!! After all, with playgrounds being so unsuitable these days (what with all the paedophiles being given community rehabilitation orders - if only we understood them, eh?), we know that there's every chance our kids might be playing on easy access roads like motorways and similar - can't be too careful, eh?

Toot for safety!