Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 09:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 17:18 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Possibly not how he job's been done but a change in how enforcement is seen, Perhaps. Like a few others on here , I spend a lot of time in front of the box, and there's always been a lot of programs preaching the good of speed enforcement, but very few comments on /from those involved on discretion. Lately i've noticed a lot more tolerance and upholding of driving standards. Unless the BIB 's attention is grabbed by an wreck.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 13:14 
Site Admin

I do think that there has been louder voices coming to the fore but the Speed Industry has been quietly getting well ingrained into the system to ensure it's survival for some time to come, very sadly.
People do on the whole seem to completely disagree with scams though. They know they are wrong because they know that the speed setting changes according to conditions. A few mph above or below the limit when it is totally safe is not going to result per se in carnage on the roads. Their preaching that scams and slower is safer is instinctively known to be utter rubbish to those who have a good and experienced understanding of driving / riding.
Many people who I talk to in the press are often grateful that I can explain what they have been struggling to for some time... :)

The fight continues.... :D

I think that people seem far more aware that the scams are money-generating and so see it as such.
If the Law removed the criminal element from a 'speed ticket' and it was 'just' a fine then I think there would be less objection to them on the whole as people wouldn't see them as the threat to their livelihood as they are today.
Neigh everyone when they do get a NIP still comment "But I wasn't dangerous". The former 'speeding' ticket being directly associated with dangerous situations, still sits in people's minds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 22:50 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
On the reverse stance, if the financial penalty was removed, how long before road safety industry was dismantled and road safety policing was returned to those who do it best, whether it be by dishing out words of wisdom /education or penalties- the traffic police department - professionals in the road safety game, not traffic accountants, whose whole purpose in life is numbers. ( Apologies to any ,and there's at least one on here, Accountants who might think I'm demeaning their professional status by comparing them to SCP ).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 01:28 
Site Admin

Sadly it is more about the whole structure of this Speed Industry and goes beyond accountants and just a sight on a profit making venture. I think the accountants will just smile and approve.
By appearance it has a convenient message for those in Authority who want to be seen to be 'doing something' than nothing.
Road safety ought to never have a profit element for the Authorities.