Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 07:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 13:05 
User

:gatso2: From the Belfast Telegraph

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 91478.html

Police have launched an investigation into how shadow chancellor Ed Balls drove off after colliding with a parked car without informing the owner

The Labour MP for Morley and Outwood has since apologised to the vehicle's owner following the incident in his constituency earlier this month, and stressed he did not know any damage had been caused to the black Peugeot 306.

West Yorkshire Police confirmed officers were making inquiries into a "fail to stop collision" on Saturday April 5.

In a statement, Mr Balls said: "Ten days ago, I turned our car round in a tight spot in the private drive beside the Labour rooms in Morley.

"There was a stationary car parked close by.

"The turn took five or seven points and I was aware that at one point the bumpers of the two cars touched.

"I park there all the time in what is a relatively narrow drive.

"But until I was contacted the following Wednesday, I had no awareness at all that there had been any damage to the other car.

"As soon as I was made aware of what had happened, I took full responsibility for any damage caused.

"I have written to the owner of the other car to say I was terribly sorry and to reimburse the owner concerned for the necessary repair.

"I have contacted our insurance company in the usual way."

According to a report in the Yorkshire Post, the collision was caught on CCTV camera and Mr Balls' registration number was traced after the Peugeot's driver noticed damage the following day.

Sergeant Adrian Wright, of West Yorkshire Police's Eastern Area Roads Policing Unit, said: "We received a report on Sunday 6 April of a fail to stop collision on Commercial Street, Morley, which is reported to have happened the day before on Saturday 5 April. Damage was caused to the front offside wing of a parked black Peugeot 306.

"Enquiries are ongoing."

Chancellor George Osborne's ministerial aide Rob Wilson wrote on Twitter: "Ed Balls has crashed the car again. Thankfully nobody hurt....rather unlike when he crashed our economy."

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 19:52 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Quote:
Chancellor George Osborne's ministerial aide Rob Wilson wrote on Twitter: "Ed Balls has crashed the car again. Thankfully nobody hurt....rather unlike when he crashed our economy."

And the same aide neglects to mention that IDS crash of the DWP leaves old folk housebound ( as these folk are too old, perhaps not mentally infirm enough to need help, but physically incapable of totally taking care of themselves), forcing thosewith a right to mobility problems to undergo medical checks at ther behest of untrained penpushers and driving those who cannot find employment into either debt/homelessness or food poverty .

Profile Send private message