Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Revenue before safety?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 21:36 
User

:gatso2: Wednesday 26 March, 2014. Time 18.45. Location - Ballysillan Road, Belfast.

I was driving along the Ballysillan Road, moving downhill and I approached an area where there is a traffic island and a hatch lined area. My speed was :30:. From behind, up comes a black Audi A4 ( :censored: :furious: Don't get me started.) The driver of this vehicle decided that the speed I was keeping to was much too slow and decides to overtake me on the hatchlines.

He overtook me, taking little notice of an oncoming car. I had to brake sharply to avoid a collision. Now then - about 30 yards behind that oncoming car was a PSNI Land Rover. This Audi driver had just dangerously overtaken me right in front of the police. Did the police activate the " :bluelight: blues and twos and pull the idiot off the road for a good talking to? Answers on a postcard please.

Funny enough, there have been quite a few police speed traps in that area. I suppose it's more important to catch you and fine you if you stray 5mph over the speed limit. Think of the money they can make. But perform a dangerous overtaking manoeuvre like that in front of a police vehicle and they don't care or even notice.

Profile Send private message