Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 18:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Well-Driven.Net
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:20 
User

I am at a loss to your reasoning why you introduced the above website, could it be financial orientated only and if so I think you are losing the plot as this idea is a non-starter as far as I am concerned :x :x .

As an ex-employee (due to redundancy / depot closure) of a company that once subscribed to a similar idea (a freephone no) of complaints about an action or inaction of a particular vehicle / driver I think it is one of the WORST ideas that anyone has come up with.

This is a nutters charter to once again let the idiots and wagon hating fraternity have a pop at the lorry drivers again! :x :x

How would these drivers who ring this number like it if they were dragged in to the bosses office to be told that 2 or 3 weeks ago you did such & such a thing to another vehicle and that driver has lodged a report about you? :x :x :x

Like most lorry drivers I have enough to contend with on a daily basis without the added problem of wondering if I have genuinely and unintentionally made a mistake is that pillock going to report me to this no. then be dragged in to be told some time later (possibly a week or two) that we have a complaint about your driving and to use the "scamera terminology" you are guilty prove your innocence! :x :x

A simple case for you to ponder on when you have done something wrong intentionally or not maybe a few days ago "DO YOU REMEMBER IT" for the next 2 or 3 weeks, I would say you probably wouldn,t remember it 24 hrs later let alone a week or two later! :? :o :o

Don,t we have enough problems with speed cameras and all the other paraphernalia that this government can come up with to strangle the motoring fraternity and the movement of goods around the country without this bunch of people coming up with this money making scam!

Why don,t we have a number that lorry drivers can ring and complain about the antics of the minority of imbeciles who think that they own the road and have a God given right to use any or all of it as they see fit and to hell with the consequences and I don,t mean the plod and badger bill :lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: .

If the complainant feels so aggrieved about the actions of the driver / vehicle all they have to do is note the phone no. & name of the company and a) write a letter or b) phone the T/Mgr. and lodge a complaint.

As the saying goes "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword"!
:x :roll: :roll: :roll:
This is not about promoting "Road safety" it is purely a "Dickheads Charter" to give someone another chance to a) make money and b) denegrate the professional drivers who are just trying to do a days work as safely and professionally as is humanly possible and this is another problem that drivers don,t have any use for or need. :x :x

Ad Infinitum :x :x :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"He Who Ain,t Made Mistakes Ain,t Made Anything"

Spannernut

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:35 
User

I mentioned this a few weeks back - but as far as I am aware, the ad is not positioned by Safespeed, it's a GOOGLE ad. which THEY determine from the types of searches carried out by site users. :(

However on the subject again, it's a shame that only complaints get forwarded, as there are often occasions where it would be nice to pass on compliments.

My wife had occasion to use such a number once, having been cut up by an aggressive van driver in Kendal, Cumbria.
Having violated the rules at a junction, the passenger leaned out of the window and hurled abuse when wife sounded the horn.

On contacting the number, she was told that not only should the van not have been out of the Greater Manchester, but the driver was NOT insured or permitted to carry passengers! :shock:
In such a case I feel the drivers call to the office was probably justified.

I have seen one on the back of an invalid scooter in Lancashire :lol:

Isn't the ad aimed at car drivers though? :roll: A chance to get your own back perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:37 
Site Admin

Ernest Marsh wrote:
I mentioned this a few weeks back - but as far as I am aware, the ad is not positioned by Safespeed, it's a GOOGLE ad. which THEY determine from the types of searches carried out by site users. :(

That's correct (except GoogleAds are mainly driven by site and page content matches, not user searches). I'll look into getting the bloody awful thing blocked (I think that should be possible).

If Safe Speed ever has proper funding we won't need the poxy ads to aid survival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:45 
Site Admin

I think I've blocked it already. That was easy! (I had no idea!)

edit: Nope. It's just come up again. Maybe it takes a little while to ripple through?

Post subject: Well-Driven.Net
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 13:02 
User

I offer an unreserved apology if the fact is that you are not behind the "promotion" of this ad as you say it was done by "Google". :D :D

But in fairness having worked at a company who used this "service" I am certainly of the opinion of E.M. that it is only the complaints that get through and to see someone castigated by a mgr. because some driver has done something wrong (usually unintentionally) and then tries to defend themselves and usually ends up failing simply due to being unable to recall the event from possibly a few days ago is akin to as I said "The Scameras people" saying you are guilty As Charged :x :x :x

As E.M. says his wife reported the driver / vehicle and it turned out the driver was in breach of company rules but in all fairness she could have reported the matter to the police as she only needed the reg. no and the police would then have (very likely) have acted on the information given.

But I still say S/S should NOT rely on such spurious methods to raise revenue even if finances are so hard pressed.

If you ever found yourself on the receiving end of one of these complaints you would understand my issue with them because as I said they are a charter for imbeciles and the like who have nothing better to do than spend time complaining about all and sundry. :roll: :roll:

Ad Infinitum :roll: :roll: :roll:

Spannernut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 17:35 
User

the first thing i would do is challenge the opinion of the complaint. who is this person who seems to think that they are in a position to criticise my driving? :)

SSAFA supporter
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126025031585

Post subject: Well Driven
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 19:30 
User

Point taken "Scanny" but having worked at a company who at one time subscribed to this erroneous load of c*** believe me you don,t get to challenge the person who made the complaint. :x :x :x It is regarded as "Fate Accompli" or "Guilty as Charged! ":? :? :? :evil: :evil: :x :x

The company "after" investigating the complaint then send a letter of apology to the complainant telling them the "matter has been dealt with" :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o

You just get hauled in to the office about 3 weeks after the offence :x :x and asked for your views on the complaint and to be fair even then let a alone now I couldn,t tell you what I did yesterday never mind 3 weeks ago! :x :x :shock: :shock: although I was never on the receiving end of one of these spurious complaints :roll: :roll: :roll:

It is a pure and simple idiots charter as the complainants think :lol: :lol: :lol: they are ringing the company directly and think they are going to get a nice bag of goodies for complaining. :lol: :lol: :lol: :loco:

It is as I said a pure and simple money making scam akin to the "Scamera" rip offs :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Ad Infinitum 8-) 8-) 8-) :roll: :roll:

Spannernut

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:57 
Gold Member
Gold Member

1000th post!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 18:36 
User

i have to admit that i have been very close to complaining about fellow drivers in exceptional circumstances but on the other hand, i do praise them too. the local Morrisons drivers deserve a bit of a pat on the back. most of them flash me in when i overtake in my car. it may be minor but in this day and age, it is nice to see and i believe it should be pointed out to their hierarchy that their drivers are very professional. its not often we get credit for our work or behaviour

SSAFA supporter
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126025031585

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 21:27 
User

Joining in late on this one, from reports I read on this subject some years back, when the "Hows my Driving" stickers first started, the number of complainants was more than equalled by the congratulatory calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 21:39 
User

Dratsabasti wrote:
Joining in late on this one, from reports I read on this subject some years back, when the "Hows my Driving" stickers first started, the number of complainants was more than equalled by the congratulatory calls.

thats suprising i would have thought the general public would only moan not praise truckers behaviour