Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 08:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 13:48 
Site Admin

Here
IAM wrote:
"The Department for Transport is putting together a motorcycle safety campaign – would you like to help?
Here is the request, which we are happy to pass on to IAM members.

The campaign launches on 1 March and we are looking for case studies of bikers to profile in the media. To help challenge the stereotypical view widely held by many motorists that all bikers are young, male, reckless, speed demons, we are looking for real life bikers that people might not expect.

We are looking for:

Any bikers over the age of 65 - a motorbike-mad grandma perhaps
Any bikers who are mums with young kids
Any bikers with an unusual profession who you may not expect to ride a motorbike? For example a banker or nanny
And any who use their bike for work in some way? Such as a doctor, vet, nurse
Any fathers with big families who are keen bikers?
Any exciting stories e.g. "a biker saved my life", "I started biking and met the man of my dreams", "my bike ride raised £50K for charity"
Any out-of-the-ordinary bikers - vicars, nuns or maybe an opera singer or ballet dancer?

- Please email victoria.goddard@iris-pr.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with a short description if you are interested or if you know someone who fits the bill – we would greatly appreciate your help! Any suggestions must be comfortable for their story and picture to appear as a case study in newspapers, magazines, on television or on the radio. We would inform any case studies of each opportunity and ensure approval is given before progressing anything in the media and all will be treated in full confidence."

Profile Send private message