Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Damned learners!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 13:00 
User

WildCat wrote:
However, I would have told the lad, very calmly und politely with a reassuring smile (hopefully) to apply brain und COAST as there was a car .. moving slowly. He could not be sure if rolling in to park up or setting off after eating said kebab. Thus he should have pulled in to the space behind as this would be safe und courteously correct action.

Oh, I certainly did make this point. Very calmly but very firmly.

Afterwards I actually realised I'd recognised the kid (and the car) from an "incident" a few months prior when he pulled straight out of a side turning into my path, forcing me to go around him on the wrong side of the road. He then followed me, tailgating and flashing headlights for a mile until we stopped at a red traffic light. At which point my two rear seat passengers (a couple of rather large blokes) jumped out of my car (despite my protests I might add!), one of them took the kid's keys out of the ignition while the other threatened to take him out of the car and "teach him some ******* manners"!

Magistrates rule #1: "Never let justice get in the way of a conviction."

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6