Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: ESP - a lifesaver?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 00:57 

Yah! Booo! "typical car" indeed! There was me thinking of some meduim sized hatchback!!! OK, that all makes sense now!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 01:22 
User

Yh, do feel a bit guilty now, it was just what I was working on that particular SUV and all the figures were saved on PC.

Doesn't look like I will be here much longer as Safe Speed don't seem to like my presence. But I am used to this. Had Claire aka SafeSpeedv2 asking me to phone her and when I declined she got a bit upset and had a go at me publicly (after I complimented her on her recent TV News appearance) - and she wonders why I dont want to phone her!

Whilst we have been boisterous at times, before I get blocked from the site, I sincerely wished to say that your reasoning and caluculations from first principles were most impressive (wish I could do it). Obviously, as you have eluded, you have existing skills/training in this area and I hope at least a little rubs of on your students.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 16:59 
User

Squirrel wrote:
This just happened...

Driving back from a friend's in Calne. Coming back along the lanes, tight left hand bend (normally a 35mph corner in clear dry conditions).

Approach speed: 15mph, maybe less.
Time: 12:10am.
Outside temperature: -2.5C

Hit a patch of black ice. Right on the bend. Was taking it easy - but managed to get into a 4-wheel drift for about a quarter of a second. Back starts to slide, I flick on some opposite lock. By this time the ESP has kicked in and sorted the problem out as I straighten up out of the slide.
Quote:

Oh My Gawd!!!!!!! you posted this just 2 days after my Daughter's black-ice smash, and I've only just started to read your threads. May I invite your contribution to my 'Do Winter Drivers Need to be Better Informed' posting, please?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6