Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 14:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 20:31 
Offline
User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 21:15
Posts: 700
Location: Belfast
:gatso2: I came across this in the local rag. A cyclist being assaulted in London. If you watch closely, you'll see it was an Audi driver (don't get me started! :censored: :furious:) who encroached into the advanced stop line.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/ ... 57506.html

_________________
Anyone who tells you that nothing is impossible has never bathed in a saucer of water.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 22:25 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9270
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Quite believe it ,judging from round here. Once upon a time it was BMW drivers, who as far as i can see have changed to Audi, and those non professionals in another lucrative trade do so from an A3 .

_________________
lets bring sanity back to speed limits.
Drivers are like donkeys -they respond best to a carrot, not a stick .Road safety experts are like Asses - best kept covered up ,or sat on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 23:47 
Offline
User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 21:15
Posts: 700
Location: Belfast
botach wrote:
Quite believe it ,judging from round here. Once upon a time it was BMW drivers, who as far as i can see have changed to Audi, and those non professionals in another lucrative trade do so from an A3 .


Absolutely. I think three of the worst offenders are Mercedes, BMW and Audi drivers. I find that the only difference between an Audi and BMW driver is when a BMW driver overtakes me, he bothers to indicate first.

_________________
Anyone who tells you that nothing is impossible has never bathed in a saucer of water.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 09:22 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 19:08
Posts: 3434
Audi drivers are definately the worst of the three.

_________________
My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 17:18 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 14:26
Posts: 4364
Location: Hampshire/Wiltshire Border
Ah, excellent. I now have permission to use the most gross stereotypes about any group of road users without any comeback.

Which group shall I choose I wonder...?

_________________
Malcolm W.
The views expressed in this post are personal opinions and do not represent the views of Safespeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 21:49 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9270
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
CJG wrote:
botach wrote:
Quite believe it ,judging from round here. Once upon a time it was BMW drivers, who as far as i can see have changed to Audi, and those non professionals in another lucrative trade do so from an A3 .


Absolutely. I think three of the worst offenders are Mercedes, BMW and Audi drivers. I find that the only difference between an Audi and BMW driver is when a BMW driver overtakes me, he bothers to indicate first.


My opinion of most BMW drivers (excepting some we know) is that the function least likely to fail is the indicator as it seldom gets used .

_________________
lets bring sanity back to speed limits.
Drivers are like donkeys -they respond best to a carrot, not a stick .Road safety experts are like Asses - best kept covered up ,or sat on


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:25 
Offline
User

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 22:50
Posts: 3267
malcolmw wrote:
Ah, excellent. I now have permission to use the most gross stereotypes about any group of road users without any comeback.

Which group shall I choose I wonder...?


The same one you always do?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 23:48 
Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 23:26
Posts: 9270
Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
weepej wrote:
malcolmw wrote:
Ah, excellent. I now have permission to use the most gross stereotypes about any group of road users without any comeback.

Which group shall I choose I wonder...?


The same one you always do?


Ah ,the "weepo gram". Surfaces when Cap'n Pugwash is all at sea. Add a cyclist, add a complaint, and up surfaces Weepy, almost as if there's radar or Cap Pugwash on the controls ,from down below. I could para phrase a saying " GS ,are you sleeping down below". And up pops Weepy. Or is it Green sh1*te, in lycra, rather than Naval uniform. I'd be careful Cpt'n - sailors do Like a bloke in Lycra.

_________________
lets bring sanity back to speed limits.
Drivers are like donkeys -they respond best to a carrot, not a stick .Road safety experts are like Asses - best kept covered up ,or sat on


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.336s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]