Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 02:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: laser camera
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:52 
New User
New User

if an object passes inbetween you and the camera van(i.e a lampost) whilst the speed laser tracks you does it still count the van was on the oppisit side of the road to me so the lampost (in the photo evidence ) must of broke the signal of the laser tracking me the other thing not shown in the photo is the ambulance with its blues on comin up behind me reason for doing 45 in a 30

cheers gary

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: laser camera
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 22:37 

The laser only "tracks" you for a fraction of a second.

If the beam is interrupted the operator should get an error reading, not a speed.

But they are not supposed to target traffic on the opposite side of a DC (which is what I picture from your post).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 08:27 
New User
New User

thanks for that m8 i wonder if thats why there is 2 photos 1 with the speed showing and 1 without yes he was on the opp side of a dc is there any way i can get the info of the ambulance that was behind i mean what do you do when theres blue n twos behind you and you cant pull over to let it pass you speed up but if there a speed camera ahead the ambulance will have to wait ....

gary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:33 
Life Member
Life Member

I ran a "wrong side of duel carriageway "defence in court. Its a bit vauge in the code of practice , somthing about without juntions in the site.
You realy need the video to check your speed and to see if the beam was interupted during the measuring cycle. (the 1/3 of a second before the speed is displayed on the video) If the distance can be measured from passing white lines or posts then the video can provide the time and your speed calculated.

Tacticly thinking there are a few methods.

1. Fill in the nip as required by law,pay £60 accept the points

2 Fill in the nip as required by law,, make no phone calls and send no letters, ignore fixed penalties and reminderds and wait 6 months and
see if a summons arrives. If a summons arrives decide if you are goingto fight it tooth and nail (3 years fight, 5-12 court appearances and a whole new hobbie) or plead guilty pay the fine + £35 costs +£15 vicims tax +points.

3 Request the video as personal information £10 under data protection act, fill in the nip as required by law, bombard them with letters and the cps with letters about not following ACPO proceedure and they may drop the prosicution before issuing a summons.

There is heaps of information in the pepipoo.com forums where they are up-to-date on the case law.

“It has never been the rule in this country – I hope it never will be - that suspected criminal offences must automatically be the subject of prosecution” He added that there should be a prosecution: “wherever it appears that the offence or the circumstances of its commission is or are of such a character that a prosecution in respect thereof is required in the public interest”
This approach has been endorsed by Attorney General ever since 1951. CPS Code

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 21:42 
Camera Partnership Staff
Camera Partnership Staff

anton wrote:
I ran a "wrong side of duel carriageway "defence in court. Its a bit vauge in the code of practice , somthing about without juntions in the site.
You realy need the video to check your speed and to see if the beam was interupted during the measuring cycle. (the 1/3 of a second before the speed is displayed on the video) If the distance can be measured from passing white lines or posts then the video can provide the time and your speed calculated.

did you win