Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 08:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 18:20 
New User
New User

while your website has what appears to be a open and honest face i think it despicable that members have a secret section that manages and manipulates responses to some contributors that do not accord with the sites beliefs are you engaging in social engineering
some of the regular contributors are obviously on here because they have had a speeding ticket and are not chuffed
the information in the statistics and analysis have assumptions that have been specifically made to deliver the desired outcome
you have even resorted to vilifiying detracors to your cause, terrible!!
i think you are a bunch of idiots and tossers

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 20:12 
User

Thank you and welcome to Safe Speed.

I hope it helped getting that off your chest.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 01:12 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

texaschat wrote:
while your website has what appears to be a open and honest face i think it despicable that members have a secret section that manages and manipulates responses to some contributors that do not accord with the sites beliefs are you engaging in social engineering
some of the regular contributors are obviously on here because they have had a speeding ticket and are not chuffed
the information in the statistics and analysis have assumptions that have been specifically made to deliver the desired outcome

Firstly, :welcome: (I mean that).

Secondly, you are entirely wrong with your assumption that responses are "managed" or "manipulated". I am replying to you - without having "consulted" - and any member - or non member (but registered person) is free to do that. We absolutely want people who do not agree with our point - but for (what they see as) good reason, to come along - and to put forward their viewpoint. If there is to be a managed response, it is as a result of someone (be it supporter or non-supporter, member or non-member) who has transgressed or violated a rule. Rules are nothing to do with one's belief, but with the tone of board postings. Yours comes close to that with its last sentence. Please refrain from attacks on individuals but concentrate on either attacking, suggesting corrections, or corroborating the posts, not who wrote them.

Now to individual aspects of your post:
texaschat wrote:
while your website has what appears to be a open and honest face i think it despicable that members have a secret section that manages and manipulates responses to some contributors that do not accord with the sites beliefs
Covered above.
texaschat wrote:
are you engaging in social engineering
To an extent - we want to educatre the powers that be over speed cameras, which are antisocial blunt instruments, counterproductive to road safety and generally wrong. As for social engineering on here, absolutely not - though there are ad hominem rules to which all contributors must keep - club rules.
texaschat wrote:
Perhaps - but not as many as you might expect. Certainly we get a few coming along for that reason, hoping to "get off" - in the Help I'm Being Prosecuted area of the board. However, the responses tend to be (and I paraphrase) - go to Pepipoo for legal advice, but let's discuss the reason for the offence here and analyse the safety aspects. This is NOT stage-managed, it's just how surprisingly many of us are. As for what brought people to the site, the number of people with points on here long term, you're definitely mistaken. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11653 and viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15555
texaschat wrote:
I agree. This dispicable practice by the spin doctors on things like TRL reports is part of the bunkum that the Safe Speed cause has already uncovered.
texaschat wrote:
Please provide evidence or withdraw this allegation. Any vilification is due to style and approach, not whether the poster is a detractor or supporter.
texaschat wrote:
Covered above - please note the warning.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:04 
Gold Member
Gold Member

texaschat wrote:

We tend to think the same of those illiterati who pop up from time to time, sling some vitriol and unfounded allegations, with no attempt at corroboration, then vanish again. Let's hope you're not one of those, and will stick around to see how wrong you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 16:06 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dear texaschat,

As I am an idiot and a tosser, you won't mind me pointing out that you are illiterate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 16:18 
Life Member
Life Member

Though I am a (grammatical) idiot and a tosser, I wouldn't dream of calling texaschat anything.