Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: RoadPeace correction
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:16 
User

Amy Aeron-Thomas wrote:
As the founder’s son was killed by a red light violator, we are very aware of the benefits of safety cameras.

Eh??

Sanctimonious crap.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 13:05 
Site Admin

r11co wrote:
Amy Aeron-Thomas wrote:
As the founder’s son was killed by a red light violator, we are very aware of the benefits of safety cameras.

Eh??

Sanctimonious crap.

I'm afraid so. Most big red light crashes involve people who either: a) hadn't seen the red light or b) ignored it deliberately.

The b) case applies especially to stolen cars and escaping criminals - that sort of thing.

Obviously neither sort of crash is likely to be prevented by a camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 13:54 
User

..and in the case of (a) if they didn't see the light then the camera would have been equally as visible to them and equally ineffective at making them stop.

These RoadPeace people are ignorant, arrogant and exploitative, as BellaDonna and others' experiences show. The opening post in this thread is nothing more than an Orwellian attempt to erase a historical fact that the poster feels is 'off-message' with their current thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 19:11 
User

r11co wrote:
These RoadPeace people are ignorant, arrogant and exploitative, as BellaDonna and others' experiences show. The opening post in this thread is nothing more than an Orwellian attempt to erase a historical fact that the poster feels is 'off-message' with their current thinking.

I am sorry to say that although I want to do ALL I can to support people through the Trauma of Road death and injury, as I said before, I felt so restricted by Roadpeace.
I am sure they feel that all this campaigning helps people, and I I am equally sure in some cases it does ( the right time, situation, etc). But I want to help at ground level, and am not able whilst under their banner.
I have spent many years traing and learning how to 'heal' and help with Energy medicine, in P.T.S and massive trauma, and everytime I moved any direction to help someone.....................Roadpeace had an excuse why I should not.
I am pleased to say that since 'leaving', I have been asked to do so much more, and feel that I am at last doing something.
When people are going through trauma, we have to listen to what is in their hearts, not what is coming out of their mouths, Roadpeace need to retune their ears.
quotation formatting corrected RP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 00:54 
User

r11co wrote:
Amy Aeron-Thomas wrote:

Eh??

Sanctimonious crap.

I thought long and hard about this, and it will sound incredibly cruel, but surely, a red light camera will merely provide a final picture of a loved one's final moments?
The only benefit, is a means for the judicial system to identify (possibly...) the offender, and extract a punishment?
By now, the state must have a database with millions of pictures of drivers breaking the law, who were allowed to continue on their way. Surely one of them must have gone on to kill somebody in their car?