Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 22:42 

Just thought I'd let everyone know that there was a scamera van parked on a bridge near Shap over the Northbound M6 this evening at about 9.00. That's the latest I've ever seen one. I always thought they were all tucked up in bed by then! Mind you, his "scamming hatch" wasn't open so he mightn't have actually been doing business!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:47 
User

One might guess that 21-00 on these light nights with low traffic density (i.e. the safest time on that road, maybe) is a good time to top up the coffers and collect in lots of cash.
Nothing should be a surprise in respect of the greed and general 'silliness' of the CSCP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 13:24 

Yes indeeedeeee!

L3 had been pretty much empty since just after the last Kendal turn off, L1 had a few trucks in it and L2 was very lightly populated with cars. Fine and dry and no trace of yesterday's strong side winds - perfect scamming conditions I'd say!

Unfortunately, I was doing an (indicated) 80-85-ish in L2 just passing another car when I saw him so I lifted off and the car on my inside didn't - he carried on. Hopefully, I saw the scammer before he saw me (if, indeed, he was scamming!) but I should know one way or t'other in the next few weeks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 08:39 
User

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/5093710.stm
Oh, a car crime spotted by REAL policeman, NOT a speed camera on the M6!!!

Quote:
Police in Cumbria recovered drugs with a street value of more than £120,000 after they stopped a car on the M6.

Officers found cannabis resin and amphetamines in the Mitsubishi Outlander, when it was stopped at Burton services on Friday afternoon.

A spokesman for Cumbria Police said two men in the vehicle were questioned at the scene and arrested.

The pair were due to appear before magistrates in Kendal on Monday, charged with drugs-related offences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 00:44 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
WHAT ----real COPS crack crime -should be national headlines tomorrow --as we ain't got many left :lol: