Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Little Gems from CSCP
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 01:36 

Found on the 'Information' page

"BR> The first ever pedestrian killed by a motor car was hit at only 4mph. She was Bridget Driscoll who died on 17 August 1896 at Crystal Palace, London. Since then thousands have died on the roads in Britain, it's time we all took responsibility and observed the speed limit."

Does this mean we should all be driving at 4mph in the view of CSCP ??

Have also found this little lot on the 'FAQ' page, not being au fait with the freedom of information act is any of this true or is at all bluff & bluster :liar: ?? :

"What happens if I ignore this Notice of Intended Prosecution?

Failure to respond will result in you being summonsed to court for failure to provide information.

Are my human rights infringed if I respond to this paperwork?

The Human rights act does not affect you when returning this paperwork. Primary legislation dictates that you are obliged to provide the information requested if you are able to. Failure to respond to request for details of the driver will result in prosecution."

"Responses To Circular Freedom Of Information Letter

We are in receipt of a number of requests that derive from a circular letter placed on the Internet. The answers to these questions are:

1. Please inform me who the operator of the equipment at the time of the alleged offence was.

Date withheld through exemption under Section 38 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 states that:

(1) Information is exempt information if its disclosure under the act would, or would be likely to -
(a) endanger the physical or mental health of any individual, or
(b) endanger the safety of any individual.

The request for the service number and/or identity of the safety camera operator who detected the alleged offence for Fixed penalty Notice number X is therefore denied by the stated exemptions herewith.

2. I would like to see all the current training and procedure certificates for the said officer:

Information witheld. See response to question one.

3. Please provide identification of actual equipment used to record the alleged offence.

The equipment used to record the offence is either a Tele Traffic Lastec Local system or Redlfex LaserCam. The calibration certificates and serial numbers for all equipment is available at: http://www.cumbriasafetycameras.org/library.php

4. I would like to see all maintenance and calibration records for the identified equipment.

Section 21 (1) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 states:
Information which is reasonably accessible to the applicant otherwise than under section (1) is exempt information.
This is reasonably accessible to the public via the Safety Camera Partnerships at http://www.cumbriasafetycameras.org/library.php

5. I would like proper documentation that states that all calibration procedures for the actual site have been actioned accordingly and noted by the equipment operator.

Section 32 (1)(b) of the Freedom of Information Act states that Information held by a public authority is exempt information if it is held only by virtue of being contained in any document served upon, or by, a public authority for the purposes of proceedings in a particular cause or matter.

Section (2) of the Freedom of Information Act states that Information held by a public authority is exempt information if it is held only by virtue of being contained in:
(a) any document placed in the custody of a person conducting an inquiry or arbitration, for the purposes of the inquiry or arbitration, or
(b) any document created by a person conducting an enquiry or arbitration, for the purposes of the inquiry or arbitration.

Exemptions under Section 32 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 are absolute.
The request for the calibration procedures for Fixed Penalty Notice number X is therefore denied by the stated exemptions herewith.

Should the case proceed to court and the prosecution requires to present such information in evidence it will be disclosed to you not less than 7 days before the court hearing.

6. Please identify exact location of equipment used to record alleged offence.

Please refer to the site information spreadsheet which is available in the library section of the web site here

7. Please show that the vehicle was isolated is field of view and not `shadowed' by any other vehicle.

The laser equipment does not require isolation of one vehicle in the field of view to make a valid measurement of the vehicle speed. This requirement generally appertains to radar speed enforcement equipment.

8. Please provide documentation that the site used was totally suitable for this type of equipment and free from any type of contamination.

The equipment is operated in accordance with the manufacturers operating instructions and the Association of Chief Police Officers Code of Practice for Operational Use of Road Policing Enforcement Technology. Appendix A of the ACPO code contains guidance for Radio Interference, all operations with the Tele Traffic LTI20:20 Lastec Local system are compliant with these guidelines therefore there is no contamination preventing operation at the sites within Cumbria

9. That the site used fulfils any guidelines set down in legistation i.e length of site, eight or more injury accidents in preceding three years, etc.

There is no "legislation" regarding length of site, eight or more injury accidents in preceding years etc. All rules of this type are contained in the Handbook of Rules and Guidance for the National Safety Camera Programme for England and Wales. All sites are fully compliant with the rules and guidance therein and have been fully approved for operation by the Department for Transport Programme Board.

10. That 85th percentile speed was greater than the ACPO guidelines.

See answer to 9. above.

11. I would like a copy of the forces procedures for the use of radar.

The equipment that was used to measure the minimum speed of your vehicle at the time of your offence was laser based. Cumbria Safety Cameras do not have any radar equipment. However if you require a copy of the radar operating procedures you should make an application to:

Freedom of Information Officer
Cumbria Constabulary
Carleton Hall
Penrith
CA10 2BA "

:?: :scratchchin: :?:

Chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is done.

http://www.wildcrafts.co.uk

Profile Send private message