Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 15:07 

Just thought I'd share this little nugget with you all.

As you may or may not be aware, an EC Directive has been introduced that will (already does in some cases) require speed limiters to be fitted on minibuses. Most of them will end up being limited to 100KPH.

Now obviously, this is to do with safety because as we all know, speed kills, and HGVs are much safer than cars because they're already speed limited. :wink:

In the course of researching this for my work, I have been trying to find out which vehicles I am going to have to retro-fit with speed limiters and which ones I won't. Rather naively, I initially thought they would ALL have to be fitted with speed limiters but it turns out that some will not be, depending on the EC EMISSIONS STANDARD that they were originally approved to!

...because, obviously, it's only the dirty ones that are likely to crash!

I'd be interested to hear any of the "speed kills" brigade's views on this. To my mind, it merely reinforces my belief that this has everything to do with CO2 emissions and little to do with safety. But of course I'd be willing to hear any arguments to the contrary!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 15:37 
User

Some of us have suspected for a while now that 'road safety' and 'environmental' issues are merely a smokescreen for an anti-motor vehicle, social engineering agenda.

Seems that the people behind this social engineering push don't even bother to discriminate between their excuses any more.

Profile Send private message