Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 16:16 
User

And with JJ's ability to quote disasterous figures as a success, maybe he could be 'Chief Turd Polisher at the sewage works.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 21:36 
Life Member
Life Member

fergl100 wrote:
New job for him therefore as a shop assistant?

camera shop?

Cheers
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 23:10 
User

Location: Ex A590 now Southend-On-Mud, Essex, Now Suffolk border
Between 22/07/05 and today 01/10/05 I have still failed to see the CSCP in action, during that period I have covered 11543 miles (safely JJ)

Have they quit or are they less visible (note JJ I did not say hiding)

anyone seen them lately ??

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 20:28 
User

Nope. I've not seen a peep out of them either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 21:20 

I went to Manchester the other day when the schedule suggested that there should have been TWO of them on the M6. Now I joined the M6 at Penrith that day so I suppose they COULD have both been North of J40 (morning and afternoon!) but it seems unlikely!

I wonder what they're up to?! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 21:23 

Saw one last week, revenue collecting at Gilpin Bridge on the A590.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 00:28 
User

Training two new camera technicians?

Oops! Slip of the tongue there - I meant SCAMera technicians :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 14:05 

Maybe its part of a cunning plan to do NOTHING for a bit and see if they can get the figures back to being as good as they where before they started "making Cumbria's roads safer"? :roll:

Saw one yesterday morning, by the way - not open for business, just heading West on the A66 at about 9.15 near Bassenthwaite. I hope he wasn't going to stop and open up shop on the A66 - that wasn't in the schedule for Tuesday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 21:02 
User

EFC wrote:
Between 22/07/05 and today 01/10/05 I have still failed to see the CSCP in action, during that period I have covered 11543 miles (safely JJ)

EFC

I've not seen one most of this year and I pass 6 locations twice daily, but then again they have to get up early to catch me.

Usual CSCP propaganda on Border TV start of this week on the camera’s on the M6, “We’ve got cameras on the M6 through the road works that will catch all speeding motorists – there’s no escaping !!”, que film of roadwork’s with no cameras, they’re very slow in only starting to install the cameras today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 14:31 
User

Still no sighting of the CSCP despite having lived on the M6 between jnt36 and Carlisle lately.

They do not seem to be active in any of the roadworks on the M6.

Must be spending too much time talking to ISP'S i guess.

EFC :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 13:22 
User

Talivan spotted yesterday afternoon - parked outside Kendal nick.

Definately not open for business! Perhaps the funds for overtime have run out :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 21:39 
User

Still no sight of them, I would have thought they would have been itching to get out and about in all those roadworks on the M6, but nope not a sign of them.

Come out come out wherever you are !!!

PS Question has anybody ever seen them operate at the two locations near Backbarrow? I have never seen them there and the site now looks like a good setting for that crappy jungle programme

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 21:46 
User

Hooray Hooray, finally seen the CSCP in action, I thought they had become extinct. :D :D :D

One of there vans on the A590 at Millside at 8.20 am yesterday targeting drivers heading towards Kendal. Never seen them there before, was the appearance due to the mention of lack of fixed cameras? :shock: :shock:

My GPS says he was 2.3kms from the warning sign tut tut.

Oh well maybe they will be extinct soon anyway, but glad to see you are still alive and active. 16000 miles and only 1 sighting in over three months, you must have cut the overtime down :twisted: :twisted:

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 16:44 
User

You could always nip along to Salthouse Road, and see the CSCP "in action" there!
http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/newsgazette/display.var.647635.0.drivers_warned_to_watch_speed.php
Quote:
Drivers warned to watch speed
By The Westmorland Gazette
SPEEDING drivers in Cumbria face being caught by the county's first fixed cameras after it was announced they will all go live' before the end of the year.

Cameras were installed at four sites across the county earlier this year but have until now remained unused.

This week, Cumbria Safety Cameras announced the cameras on Salthouse Road, Barrow, have been turned on while others on the A595 at Howgate, A591 at Ings and A590 at Millside will be going live in phases before the end of the year.

Cumbria Safety Camera spokesman Kevin Tea said: "During tests we noted that there were multiple offences' committed by a handful of drivers who knew the cameras were not fully functional. Those individuals had better be warned that they now face losing their driving licences within a week if they continue with this behaviour."

A fleet of mobile cameras, which have been in operation since 2002, will remain on the roads.

Mr Tea said the delay in switching the cameras on was due to power problems at the sites.

9:06am Friday 4th November 2005

Such a long delay in getting the power sorted out?? I hope they didn't have to pay for the cameras before they were actually working!!!
Steve did seem confident that they would not have such a big surplus to pay to the treasury this time - maybe that was the reason they bought them so early.
It must be said the CSCP did get a day out at Bruntingthorpe at Monitron's expense. I'd show you the photos, but they have been removed from the Monitron website!! There's more to operating safety cameras than you think - it's not surprising you manage to miss them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 21:29 
User

Quote from CSCP website

"Sunday 27 February, 2005
Fixed Cameras Arrive in Cumbria
The first fixed digital cameras have been installed in Cumbria at Ings on the A591"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have not been able to get power to there cameras since the 27th February????????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brewery and large drinking session come to mind :D :D :D :D :D

Must be the same installers who where measuring the speed of the sheep on the M6 betwen jnt 36 and jnt 37. Mind you by the time they put power in them the roadworks will have gone :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

EFC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 02:59 
User

Remember this from February this year?
http://www.safespeed.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19377#19377
JJ wrote:
Quote:
Ernest Marsh wrote:
I see we STILL dont have a fixed camera which was promised last April!

Have alook at the big holes at the side of the road next time you go through Ings Ernest.
That will be the things you can see to the right and left of the black stripe with the lines on with your wheels on it!

It's now NOVEMBER! Even Cumbria County Council, and CAPITA are not THAT slow in getting something finished, unless there are exceptional circumstances! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 19:57 
User

This made me laugh a lot:

Cumbria Safety Camera spokesman Kevin Tea said: "During tests we noted that there were multiple offences' committed by a handful of drivers who knew the cameras were not fully functional. Those individuals had better be warned that they now face losing their driving licences within a week if they continue with this behaviour."

Really? Hows that gonna work then Kev?
I like kevin Tea a lot, no really! He's quite a deluded individual though if he thinks his scameras are going to do anything positive in attempting to bring down numbers of deaths on the roads by concentrating on the incorrect causes of accidents, and then making threats about what will happen to drivers ignoring his decree. Oh Mighty Kev, i tremble at the mere mention of your words.......

:rolleyes: :P :shock: :D :twisted:
[/quote]

Believe nothing- Question everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 00:21 
User

...and once they realise the cameras ARE working, these serial offenders will slow down as they pass over the loops, and then speed up to their normal speed.

I wonder if since the CSCP observing these offences, any of the drivers have had accidents?? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 03:56 
User

Still no September KSI stats on the CSCP forum.

They were advertised in the Westmorland Gazette nearly a fortnight ago, so they do have them.

Next week the local policeman will be ticketing speeders outside Goodly Dale School in Windermere.
He tells me he fully expects to end up booking the people he stopped and cautioned THIS week. :( The enforcement will take place at school start times!!

He is also clamping down on dodgy parking near the school crossing, which is situated between two road junctions, but has a paper shop adjacent. Cars abandoned for the briefest of periods while the drivers grab a paper are putting kids lives at stake. They COULD pull up around the corner, just a few feet away, but prefer not to! :oops:

Thank heavens for the common sense approach!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 00:25 

Definitely something odd going on! I went to Manchester on Wednesday and Glasgow on Thursday and didn't see a single van - despite them being advertised as on the A66/M6!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next