Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 20:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 21:27 
User

After the gimmick on the Paris-Calais motorway.. unworkable as no reciprocal penalty yet .. und UK police have no authority as no on sovereign soil. Personally it was a condenscending affront to a country whose gendarme :yikes: are more than able to sort out nowty drivers from all over the continent Zut et Bof alors!

But anyway . the French aare saying COAST led education help more :bow:

You English.. Insular up your :censored: :P

OK .. it now in French. I speak French better than I do English .. :shock: :roll: I liked the teacher more. :hehe:

I sorry it in foreign.. but not everyone can be English und we tend to use our own language. How weird ist that? Folk post to our foreign sites in English. We do not get knickers twisted or have fake orgasm about it all. I sorry to be crudey rudey .. but the cloth tweed cap fit here. I am foreign. I do not have a problem with this. Only racist idiots do., I speak the blunt speak. So what. I am not being rudy to anyone.. nor have I ever been for that matter. Weepej reassure me. He never offended by my posts. I take liberty of breaking my own code of never divulging what some one tell me in private.. but weepej.. no trollster.. but a chap whose opinion count as he do so with banter which we understand.. which has zero malice.

We agree to disagree .. und agree to agree ..on some issues even. But then safespeed' ethos has always been to explore each possibility without most of us getting overly excited or rudey.

it this ethic which made folk sit up und listen to the late Paulie Smith

His views have merit. There exist an echo in these foreign links/pastes which I find on a googly surf. I have more.. to back.. from across the mainland continent. The collective EU majority cannot be wrong here. :popcorn:

But some may scorn. They are the ones we see whining over impending doom later all the same.

COAST? You do as they instruct.. but still get to give the proverbial Stinkfinger at the authoritiies .. as you can have a right furball on occasion. :wink:

It win win win win win :wink:

Do not babbly fish. My summary or even translation.. you should be able to work out that it accurate. :wink: I try to keep to format by which you can see how I get from the foreign to something you can relate to in your own lingo. Well sort of. English .. I never "top of the pops of the class" :popcorn: I disliked the teacher. I could not work for her. My fault perhaps as sassiest child in the class. :lol:

But I liked my French teacher. He was a dream hunk.. with Paul Newman's eyes und Robert Rdeford's hair. :cloud9: He so nice .. you just wanted to work with him. :cloud9: Ach.. teenage crushes. :lol:

http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2008/10 ... gnent.html

Quote:
Des victimes de la route témoignent
Sécurité. 6 personnes ont péri en 8 jours. Deux accidentés racontent leur calvaire.

Antoine Orengo (à gauche) et Francis Pellaprat, au centre de rééducation fonctionnelle de l'UMT à Albi.Photo DDM, J-M Lamboley.

« Les gens se tuent chez eux allègrement. Toute leur attention devrait être consacrée à la conduite de leur véhicule mais hélas, trop souvent quelque chose les distrait », regrette le colonel Jacques Machut.

Folk are killing themselves. All their attention should be devoted to driving their cars.. but alas! to often t- too many get "distracted"

Quote:
Le patron du groupement de gendarmerie est en colère. Il se dit « impuissant devant de tels comportements imbéciles, dangereux », tout en rappelant que « la gendarmerie fait feu de tout bois sur le terrain ».

The police boss ist fuming. folk are "darwinistic candidates in terms of dangerous stupidity.
Quote:
Il parle de « ces gens qui ne supportent pas d'avoir quelqu'un devant eux et le doublent, même s'il roule à 95 km/h », de ceux qui oublient systématiquement le clignotant aux carrefours giratoires, sans parler du nouveau fléau que représente l'usage du téléphone portable au volant.

Oh ja.. :yeseyes: It sound so familiar. Basingwerk und spindrift will clap. Astonishingly . I as the speed loving hoon .. I actually AGREE!

The police chief here speaks of the chap who cannot abide someone to be driving or riding in front of him.. even if above the limit here.

of the chap who never indicates intention..

of the idiot who texts.. or glues his hand held phone to his ear.

:cloud9: I want this bloke .. here in Cumbria und Lancs. My dream boat cop.. I WANT HIM HERE .. NOW ! NOW ! NOW! His type .. PLEASE PLEASE bitte bitte bitte s'il vous plait!

He the type who nail the idiots .. not the blips.
:bow: I am in :love: with this guy!

He say what I said in a thread on PH over speeding idiot cops who KILLED an lovely man.. who was known to us as a regular walker on the Fells. Perhaps why I so :censored: angry with the coward cops who could only face their victim after conviction/severe court sanction.

Get this bit.
Quote:
Une erreur de conduite est le plus souvent la cause première d'un accident. « Les deux derniers accidents impliquant des motos sont dus à des dépassements inopportuns liés à la vitesse.

A driving error ist the PRIME CAUSE of an accident. These two incidents were due to stupid overtakes which are linked to speed.

so.. he saying two errors here.. bad judgement .. und a secondary relative in speed.

It what happen in Over Kellett - nicht? I came closest I have ever come to admitting speed was very much related to the outcome und even part of the cause. It hurt to concede this. It even made me consider telling Mary she right after all. Now that one big thing for me here. It cause me angst. I am not going to say it not hurt to be hit at speed. I was in greatest pain for longest time in 1991. Through no fault of my own nor his.. as he too poorly to know at the time.

But I do not do stupid .. nor am I a fool nor easily fooled. Nor do I take my responsibilites when driving my toys lightly. My Papa did tell me I had the potential to take a life or have mine taken from me when he agreed to pay for my lessons. I never ever forget the way he say that..or the steely evaluating look in eyes as he appraised/evaluated my character in that instant. Before smiling und saying that he know my head's values.

He knew I would cherish safety .. und regard for others as core values after all.

Quote:
Et dans les drames d'Aiguefonde et Giroussens, c'est une priorité non-respectée qui est la cause », indique Pierre Larrey, directeur de cabinet du préfet.

The cause of the collision would be not to accept the other person's right of way.

How so correct. :wink:

Quote:
Un chiffre interpelle : l'indice de gravité. Il est 30 % plus élevé dans le Tarn que dans le reste de la région. Le colonel Machut a une explication : « Les routes du Tarn ne sont pas plus mauvaises qu'ailleurs. En revanche, les Tarnais roulent vite. Dès qu'on sort de la trajectoire, un obstacle vous attend à proximité. Cela veut dire que l'erreur est payée cher, avec des blessés graves et des morts. Il faut que les gens arrêtent de repousser leur responsabilité, pleine et entière, vers l'environnement routier.»

They saying that the local roads are no worse than elsewhere.. But that folk make mistakes.. bloody ones.. fatal ones. They say that folk need to accept responsibility on the roads.

I agree 100%. You cannot decide on what you think to be safe unless you are prepared to accept such responsibilty.

If this make me "subnormal or unbalanced" to some.. So be it. I know I am right. My life .. my clean licence .. my full drive at warp speed on German A bahn seem to suggest I might know a thing or two .. und have some skill. But I do not do complacent. So :P

If triplest one come back .. I remind him that he reject IAM because they find fault.. justified fault. If he cannot accept constructice criticism - he a fool. By the way .. the evidence on the site. I not offend him here. He tell us about it. We ask him to persevere. He chose.. not to. So :P I am not holier than thou ,,. but I have the curse of instant memory recall, Und it ist no gift. Believe me. You get all sorts of stuff which you read ... hitting you like machine gun bullits. :roll:

Quote:
La Semaine de la sécurité routière, qui a débuté hier, a choisi le thème « Jeunes et responsables ».

« La pédagogie et la prévention sont au cœur de cette semaine, mais on a toujours une catégorie de population auprès de laquelle les messages ne passent pas, ou passent mal. Pour eux, il n'y aura guère que la solution des contrôles et de la répression », reconnaît Pierre Larrey.

Road safety week .. has theme of "youth and responsibilty.

Teaching .. preventing accidents form the core target - but the French concede that there exist a hard core who refuse to accept the message. For those .. the French say there no other choice than enforcement und punishment.

I think they right .. BOF ALORS.. them :censored: foreign folk.. they always get it right :wink: mutter.. mutter .. mutter :hissyfit: :P
Les jeunes ne sont pas la seule population à risques. La préfecture veut aussi cibler les seniors. « C'est un sujet lourd pour lequel plusieurs pistes de réflexion vont être lancées. S'il le faut, on saisira plus régulièrement la commission médicale pour supprimer le permis à des gens qui ont commis des fautes graves. On pourrait aussi mettre en place un simulateur de conduite auto pour tester les réflexes des personnes âgées. Ces mesures ne seront efficaces, et bien acceptées, que si l'on réfléchit à des moyens de déplacement alternatifs. »
[/quote]

The French are targetting to educate. They offer the DIS/Speed awares to all. They using a simulator instead of the German computer AHA game. which show actual CCTV of your own car speeding.. but the computer game play out the "WHAT IF" with your own car in some engineered game. I am not convinced they have this right. I think France has better version really.

But they still going COAST course all the same.

So.. I am telling folk in advance of this.

If they heed.. they have fun.. keep it safe.. never feel the threat. Keep happy.

If they do not.. they moronic blinkered who deserve the lost licence.

I know the foreigners to be right. SO wake up insular und complacent out there before it too late here.

UND OUR SMILEYS? Smile ... und the the world smiles with you.
Smiley guy seen when you read
Fine me for Safe Speed
(& other good causes..)

Greatest love & Greatest Achievements Require Greatest Risk
But if you lose the driving plan - don't lose the COAST lesson.
Me?
Je ne regrette rien
!

Profile Send private message