Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 18:00 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... watch.html

Apart from the idiocy of the scene itself, I thought this would make a good caption comp...;-)

The one in the middle is obviously in charge...he has two stripes...must be a corporal but not a council officer...;-)

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 18:09 

I don't know if Claire will ok it but here's a few from me to get the ball rolling....appologies if it doesn't meet the requirements, Claire.

Anyone for skittles?

No missus we haven't found your cat yet

Let me get this straight, who's turn is it to catch Dave when he falls off the ladder next, it ain't me cos I caught him this morning.

I hope help turns up soon, this job is far too stressful for just the 7 of us.

This job used to be some much easier before the cutbacks

I remember the time when this job was a doddle, then they took our shovels away.

My views do not represent Safespeed but those of a driver who has driven for 39 yrs, in all conditions, at all times of the day & night on every type of road and covered well over a million miles, so knows a bit about what makes for safety on the road,what is really dangerous and needs to be observed when driving and quite frankly, the speedo is way down on my list of things to observe to negotiate Britain's roads safely, but I don't expect some fool who sits behind a desk all day to appreciate that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 23:12 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
grab S- I THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE a weepy on a cycle being done for flouting the Tfl regs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 09:45 
User

Here you go:

To be fair, at the moment in time that the picture was taken, only one could be up the ladder, and the other would have been securing the scene... putting cones out and ensuring no idiot ran into the ladder!
Also they would have a rota of work when they set off in the van, and their next job might be a bigger task that required more workers on site.

Looks funny though! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 13:43 
Site Admin

You are most welcome to restart the Cap Comp. :) Graball over to you then! :)
Not sure that there is copyright permission to republish this particular image though so the image might have to just be linked to ... unless anyone knows for sure.

Great image !
However they could really only be run into by buses! Why there is any requirement there for a bus lane seems baffling !

"So who is going to make the tea?"

"So the jobs got a green light then?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 14:58 

"Are you sure this is a bus stop, Bert?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 19:46 
Site Admin

"Wow he was in a hurry, he didn't even have a green light!"

"Bus veers sharply to the right, narrowly avoiding a bus Security Check Point!"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 22:35 
Gold Member
Gold Member

"He how, lads , County PR team has arrived" . Photo time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 17:05 
User

Some wag had pinned an arrow to the lights, to draw attention to Bill's stripey wellingtons, as they all posed for the inevitable Facebook/YouTube video!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 23:24 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ernest Marsh wrote:
!

"Hey lads, there's something sticking up out of that pool over there, perhaps we're being watched by underwater monitors. Don't move too fast ,or you might get a fixed notice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:38 
Life Member
Life Member

Due to a national shortage of cones workers wearing orange leggings are extending the supply.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 22:22 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Due to a severe outbreak of vandalism, we're here to protect the fixture. (One bloke has got a hat cam to collect evidence) OR
How many blokes to change a bulb. Or ,we're here to protect the safe working zone .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 00:51 
Life Member
Life Member

Trials of the new levitation boots proceed with careful use of stepladders for disguise.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 09:23 

"Hurry up Bill, you've been up that ladder for 20 mins now, it's my turn to do some work now!"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 09:28 

"Put that fag out Jim, we don't want the public to think we are a lazy bunch of skivers".