Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:19

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 23:55 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Stuck this Q in here .Noticed that my messages list is large and tidied it up. Is there any way ,other than by marking individual messages ,in order to delete them al /most of them ? ( lazy sod, but thought it worth the ask).

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 13:15 
Gold Member
Gold Member

In Google mail, what I use, there are options for putting it in archive or starred thereby allowing you to just select all and delete the lot in the regular directory. It only deletes all on that page though, which is good. If you have 50 pages it wont delete the lot on every page.

There's enough space on it to store a million posts though, so I tend to just leave everything on there. You sound like a tidy man. I bet your garage isn't cluttered, with a place for everything and eveything in place :D

What email provider do you use Botach?

You will be branded a threat to society by going over a speed limit where it is safe to do so, and suffer the consequences of your actions in a way criminals do not, more so than someone who is a real threat to our society.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 15:15 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Better request my request. It was aimed at admin staff re the on site messages. Basically ,is it possible to get rid of a stack of messages in inbox & if so how .Only way I could find was to mark them one at a time and my in/outbox had a few, so in interest of site tidieness, I set to and got rid of the old ones)
On yahoo( and BTYAHOO), it's possible to tick a delete box( marks all messages) if there's more to delete than keep and then untick the wanted ones manually. ( And answer to question ,Tone- Yahoo/BT Yahoo and also Totalserve.All work same way for multiple delete) .
Haven't got a garage, but you should see the room I use to keep my stuff in - everything is in it's place- problem is that "where is that space". :D ( and where is the floor).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 19:53 
Friend of Safe Speed
Friend of Safe Speed

At the bottom of the message display screen, at the right, there's a link saying "Mark all" which will mark everything on that page. Then just select "Delete marked" from the drop-down menu.

Bear in mind that, if you fill your mailbox, the oldest messages will be automatically deleted, so you won't lose anything recent.

Any views expressed in this post are personal opinions and may not represent the views of Safe Speed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 20:25 
Gold Member
Gold Member

PeterE wrote:
At the bottom of the message display screen, at the right, there's a link saying "Mark all" which will mark everything on that page. Then just select "Delete marked" from the drop-down menu.

Bear in mind that, if you fill your mailbox, the oldest messages will be automatically deleted, so you won't lose anything recent.

Thanks Peter, never noticed that- never like to let any of my mailboxes fill up, either on a forum/ my PC or provider. I take it that SS server has a limited capacity,and if we keep unwanted stuff, it clogs up space for everybody.