Safe Speed Forums

The campaign for genuine road safety
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 09:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SafeSpeed on 3G?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 19:25 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've noticed that about 70% of the times I try to access the site from my iPhone whilst in 3G or worse service (ie not wifi) I get the 'server stopped responding' error. At first I thought it might be temporary downtime on the site, but it's become far too common to be that. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, or for resolving it?

I'm prompted to write this now and not sooner since my desktop chose today to pack up! There was a crash in svchost after which I was getting no net traffic, despite being successfully dialled in, so I restarted. During the windows loading screen the reboot restarted, and even in safe mode or last known good config it will not successfully load into windows. No new drivers recently, so I'm fearing a borked HDD. Any suggestions there also gratefully received!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: SafeSpeed on 3G?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 22:24 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Treacletown ( just north of M6 J3),A MILE OR TWO PAST BEDROCK
Don't know which make of HDD ,but noticed that this prog does diagnose a lot of makers HDD.But then ,a lot are Seagate/Maxtor .
tRY -http://www.hddoctor.net/hard-drive-diagnostic-software-seagate-seatools/

Was powermax, but think it's changed to Seatools -and now available for DOS( put on floppy and boot from A drive) & Windows .( but can't see how much use this is if HDD got problems) .

Also found Powermax as a download on Seagate site ,and here -http://wareseeker.com/free-powermax/

I had an old Hitachi disk which gave problems and Powermax diagnosed surface problems -let me change it early under warranty .Powermax also has a repair facility - but leave it up to the computer whiz kids to say how good it is .

Profile Send private message